Gp2x For Sale At Microcenter Stores

pkostrze

Website
vampireslug.deviantart.com
For those in the U.S who live near a Microcenter store, you can now get a GP2X there. I've looked around and this is the first time I've seen a GP2X in a retail store... that's not to say no one else carries them, I just haven't seen any. As of right now they don't carry the TV-out cable or any other accessories but their SD cards are usually dirt cheap so you could kill two birds with one stone. Anyway, I checked one out and although the batteries were dead (they didn't have it hooked up to an A/C adapter for some reason) it looks to be a Value Pack... at least the stick cap gives that impression.

Enough of my babbling, here's the link -

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_...duct_id=0252140

The stick cap is the same on all MK2 units, not just the value pack.
If the store is otherwise very cheap, it seems like a value pack.

Why would anyone buy from a company that doesn't have a clue who makes the products they sell? Hardly fills you with confidence if you have to claim on your warranty. They'll probably send it to Apple for repair.

I just got mine from there today~

I was going to order one online, I just searched Microcenter just to check. I drove 15 minutes there & grabbed one up.

Its not the value pack, but its local, no shipping, & if it does not work & I can exchange it.. as lately I have had some bad luck with electronics online.. losing money on shipping to exchange.

Hehe, Dynamism edited that old GPX2 picture so it says GP2X :)

"Off topic"
I was browsing the dynamism site. These USB memory sticks are so cool.

imgoooms_3.jpg

kevin J said:
I just got mine from there today~

I was going to order one online, I just searched Microcenter just to check. I drove 15 minutes there & grabbed one up.

Its not the value pack, but its local, no shipping, & if it does not work & I can exchange it.. as lately I have had some bad luck with electronics online.. losing money on shipping to exchange.
Um the "value pack" is useless, so consider yourself lucky, unless something changed when I wasn't looking you were forced to buy a useless value pack with $0.50 worth of plastic crap thrown in for $20 more, oh yeah and (windows ME like) Firmware 3.0

ledro said:
"Off topic"
I was browsing the dynamism site. These USB memory sticks are so cool.

imgoooms_3.jpg

Hmm, I have some epoxy and a tree outside, probably could make my own in 2 seconds.

About the seller/distributor/manufacturer (Don't even tell me that GPH is the manufacturer, they are just the ones who commissioned its production, in a factory somewhere.)

Who CARES?!?! If it is a brick-and-mortar store with a good return and warranty policy, let them worry about it, you can get an exchange and leave it to them to deal with the other stuff, that is the whole point of a real store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back