GP32 Any Way Of Detecting The Emulator?

Daz_Genetic

Certified Guru
Website
www.dazos.com
Is there a simple way to detect whether your program is running on the emulator, or on the real hardware. It's just that I have some "Wait for Vblank" code that I use in my engine, but it's the only thing preventing it from being run in the emulator.

If I want to take screenshots I have to keep recompiling the executable, but I don't want to do this?

Can anyone help?

Well, it's certainly a dumb idea, BUT... I know GeePee lacks DMA transfers, according to Mr.Mirko. When I copy some picture via DMA to the framebuffer, it isn't shown on GeePee. Maybe you can use this (DMA-copy one byte and check if it has been written or something.)

Im using DMA copying in my program and it works on the emulator. Maybe its the version of the emulator. I don't know...

bobintrees posted on Apr 30 2004 at 03:50 AM said:
Im using DMA copying in my program and it works on the emulator. Maybe its the version of the emulator. I don't know...
Yeah, you may be right... I'm using the rather antique linux build... See, Axeman: That's why I said it's a dumb idea. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
>>Is there a simple way to detect whether your program is running on the emulator, or on the real hardware.
try to read the serial number of the gp32 (stored somewhere in the eprom) it's always the same under the emulator... (not in the real hardware..)

If you editthe iic.bin file you can set what serial number you want in the emulator

Back