Any word on when MAME4all will be updated?

Gyges

Still Fresh
So that it works under the new kernel, that is. Anyone have any plans to fix it?

SteveM ported it to the Pandora. Sadly he's not been active for some time. PanMAME, MAME Ex, and Final Burn Alpha should meet some of those gaming needs.

the Mame4droid for android device was based on mame4all,

today we have Mame4droid reloaded based on a newer version of mame

PanMAME works on the new kernel in the latest beta :)

weird! as I can`t get it running either... the splash screen comes up.. then disapears then I`m back to the desktop

Have you installed the Codec Pack?

I think this is needed for something.

EDIT: No that's not it, maybe try deleting the Appdata folder and the .PND and reinstalling it.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks Link.. weird question - how do I install the codec pack? i`ve tried 'executing' it.. tried dropping it in the menu ( can`t see it there )

I`m not totally sure I have it installed because I never saw any progress bar or anything. Although I can play an avi ( does that mean it`s installed? )

I`ll try.. actually do the roms go in rom or roms dir?

Codec Pack should show up under system in XFCE

folder should be

/pandora/appdata/panmame/rom

where you put your roms

yep just moved my roms from roms to rom :) that music is annoying..

thanks man

also where should I put the codec pack to show up under system ?

EDIT: on the root of the card :) great! I see it in system now.. installing :)

thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
the Codec Pack would be best in

/pandora/menu

That's how I get it to show up in System

I keep it on my SD so I don't have to redownload everytime I update the OS. It just needs to be installed once until you update the OS, and then you have to reinstall them.

Now UAE4ALL is updated to work on the newest kernel, any chance this might be too?(different authors I know, but maybe some of the fixes might end up being the same for both?)

(null)

Not sure whether it`s Mame, or beta5.. but a few games are choppy now. Especially Outrun ( at the start ) music is v.choppy.

I think Mame running with the new kernel wasn`t planned, am I right? it just happened to work for some reason...

Back