Anyone Brought A Gp2x Console From Www.gamersection.ca?

need4speed

Website
Visit site
Is www.gamersection.ca a good place to order? Cause I am planning to buy the GP2X from there next week. Also Is there service good and shipping to the UK aswell? Thanks alot :)

I have no idea if they ship to the UK or not, but their service is alright. I ordered mine from them (granted, I'm in Canada) and it arrived safe and sound. My gripe with them, however, is that they do their best to mask that their prices are actually in US rather than Cad dollars, and they only offer expensive shipping, no regular post...

- Alex

It would be very stupid to buy from them if you live in UK. Shipping costs and taxes would be very high and there is one of the best gp2x distributors in UK. If you want good service, support the community and don't want to pay high taxes and shipping costs gp2x.co.uk is the way to go.

Yeah - I bought from gp2x.co.uk (aka craig) and had no problems..
But of course it now means (unless you pay the extra) you're pretty well guaranteed that you won't get one that overclocks 270MHz+.
Then again mine only goes to 266 and I haven't needed/wanted to go higher.

I bought my GP2X from Gamersection too. They were great (since I got a little overexcited and bought one within 2 hours of knowing about the console...seriously. I was checking wikipedia for handhelds and saw this little korean thing.. which started a flurry of looking into it some more... and then i bought it!) After the initial purchase, I realized I also should get the TV out, some replacement caps, and the case. They were able to append to the order and still make the original shipping time, and I got it pretty soon after. Been happy ever since. Oh... back on topic: I have to agree with the others in that I would recommend you buy from a domestic supplier. It could save you huge hassles with any returns you might have and I wouldn't be surprised if you end up paying more at customs since it will be sent by air.

I am sticking with my GP2X console since there no difference to the new one really. Does anybody know where I can buy the GP2X joystick cap from that ships to the UK somewhere? Thanks.

I recommend against them, not because of Gamesection.ca itself, but because they use PayPal exclusively for credit card orders. I used a legit card and PayPal rejected twice.

It's too bad, because they sell the GP2X breakout board.

I got my GP2X from them, no hassles and it was fast. They're in the same city as me though.

Back