Anyone Else Had A Bad Play-asia Experience?

Orkie said:
I think this is the reaction of somebody who isn't willing to wait for stuff he ordered to come in stock... be patient or go elsewhere, it's as simple as that!
The reason I ordered from play asia was because they had the items listed as IN STOCK and would ship inside 24 hours.. not a MONTH!

I have an event that I am going to inside 2 weeks where I hope to get some orders for gp2x's and accessories... I cant do it if I dont have the hardware. I would NOT have ordered if they hadve told me that I wouldnt get the items for over a month. If they hadve dropped the postage charges or something because of the wait, I may have been a bit happier about it.

Now, I cancelled my order last nite, placed one with gp2xstore, within a few hrs, payment had gone through and the item was sent out the door, its already out of the area, and that was USPS. THAT, is the way its supposed to be.

Even now, play asia does NOT have stock, will not have the gp2x's until the 24th (their estimate) and yet they have the item as shipping within 1-5 days. Dodgy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear your bad experience. When I ordered my cradle from PA on a saturday night, it said usually ships in 1-5 days.
They shipped it on monday.

I don't see how you can get angry. It was you who said the items could be shipped later. It's probably just a misunderstanding because when you said it, you only thought of the case.

I got a cradel and GP2X 2 weeks ago and they arrived in 3 days from me placing the order,

What did annoy me though was that when they arrived I was told I couldnt have them till I paid a £35 customs charge.
Not really play asias fault but Id never heard of this charge before and the last time I used them there wasnt one.

GOD IM ANGRY JUST THINKING ABOUT IT :angry:

Mosch said:
I don't see how you can get angry. It was you who said the items could be shipped later. It's probably just a misunderstanding because when you said it, you only thought of the case.
I told them they could ship the CASE later.. Then they went and sold the gp2x to someone else instead of sending that. If they sent correspondence faster I may have been able to have the order canceled and re placed in the same day. (edit, just the gp2x, but they sold it)

Stating that the order can be shipped inside 24 hrs when it cant is one thing (misrepresentation) but then stalling to save the sale.. I said they could break the order up, they ummed and arrred, yet did nothing.

What they is illegal under business law in Australia, I know its futile and frankly I couldnt be bothered pursuing it (costs as well).

To simplify further in case you dont understand,

1. They said it would ship inside 24 hrs, a lie.. closer to a MONTH.
2. They did not break up the order, they simply sold on the items
3. They stalled as to save a sale, wasting my time.

Is that not enough to get angry over? If the gp2x store didnt have any in stock, PA would have cost me even more money!

foleyjo said:
I got a cradel and GP2X 2 weeks ago and they arrived in 3 days from me placing the order,

What did annoy me though was that when they arrived I was told I couldnt have them till I paid a £35 customs charge.
Not really play asias fault but Id never heard of this charge before and the last time I used them there wasnt one.

GOD IM ANGRY JUST THINKING ABOUT IT :angry:
You shoulda told them to lower the package value to half or less (they did it to me). I got away with paying only about 9£ customs for GP2X value pack ++

Fox_ said:
Is that not enough to get angry over? If the gp2x store didnt have any in stock, PA would have cost me even more money!
Be that as it may, I probably shouldn't comment on this because I don't exactly know what happened and neither does anybody else.
Of course I do understand that you get angry when you lose money. I would, too ;)

Just hope you don't have to return it. They take your return, send it the manufacturer to repair and make you wait, and wait, and wait. Over six months for me now.

Interesting... I just ordered a Dreamcast Broadband Adapter from PlayAsia expecting them to not have any in stock. Got an e-mail the next day saying it had been shipped.

Dreamcast BBAs in stock, but not GP2X stuff? Go figure. :rolleyes:

Back