Anyone Know...

Jarska333

What do you want?
Website
Visit site
As simple as it is. Been looking to get one of those simple famiclones. The mail-order catalogs used to have plenty of those here in Finland, but that was in 1990's...

Either one those 10000000000000000000000000000000in1 things, or a, well, Famicom compatible 3rd party.

Liksang seem to like stocking items that are "Temporarily not available", unless I'm looking in completely the wrong place. Which is likely given my current level of sleep deprivation ;)

Here, try these guys:
http://www.playmessiah.com/index2.htm

They're making brand new consoles that have both NES and Famicom slots. They're adding a few new features to it as well. If they came up with a way for me to play my ROM collection on it, I'd be all over it myself, but I don't think the Famiclones have that option either so you're just as well off with this vs. the Hong Kong knockoffs.

Preordered the NES Revamped from PlayMessiah months ago... should hopefully arrive sometime in the next days :)

I have a game axe im pretty happy with. I even dissected my extra copy of Gyromite to find a handy famicom to NES converter. sweeeeet B)
(not that it's really any use to a japanese system :D )

EvilDragon posted on Oct 29 2005 at 07:24 PM said:
Preordered the NES Revamped from PlayMessiah months ago... should hopefully arrive sometime in the next days :)
nice. I got some wireless snes controllers from them, and I am SOOOOOOOOOO happy them!

Im gonna get a nes wireless one soon. kinda broke now though.

you should like the revamped NES. Messiah is a great company

Last edited by a moderator:
so... why is this any better thna a nes with wireless controller and famicom-nes converter?

Radio-frequency, for one. None of those crappy infra-red controllres.

It also looks very nice, and has different type of cart connection than in the original NES, eliminating bad connection.

That's pretty cool, except for the fact that I have emulators now... Plus, it's 60 bucks... and for a lot less than that, i could just get a new 72 pin connector thingy from Nintendo and fix my NES... There's no point, really... but at the same time, it's kind of cool... but how exactly can they do that without Nintendo suing them? I'd rather just paint my GP32 in an NES color-scheme.

Ebay seems a very good source for them, you won't get anything if you type in "famiclone" though. Go into the Pc & Video Gaming section and then click on Other Pc & Video Gaming and be on the look out for stuff such as "10 in 1" "Plug in game" "console" and other stuff like that. Theres alot of pages but I usually find at least 15 famiclones listed.

Back