Anyone Playing Minecraft? I Need A Tester For The Pirate Games Server

MarkoeZ

arr matey?
Website
projectinfinity.org.uk
Hiya peeps,

Pirate Games has a small private Minecraft server, currently played by me, PokeParadox, Foxblock, and some friends of us. Recently the server had to be relocated, and i am trying to host it now. A week ago we had some connection errors, i think they are solved now, but i need someone with minecraft experience to test.

So, Looking for one adult tester that will ofcourse keep full acces to the server after testing. (if you grief, you are quickly kicked again though ; ) I know it's not lightning fast on updating chunks, but this is really just to test if there is no block build or mine delay.

PM me or post here if you are interested.

Cheers!

Markoez

p.s. Not posting this on the minecraft forum to prevent a flood of eleven year olds...

This makes me wonder why we don't have a server for this community, that would be great

This makes me wonder why we don't have a server for this community, that would be great
because a server for more than a few people requires just that, a server, and a prety powerful one at that, my limit is about 8 players on a lan, 5 over the net, maybe up to 10 if i upgrade the processor

"Classic" (AKA old and outdated) Minecraft is also pretty boring…

Last edited by a moderator:
I see it as different than Beta, mainly because of the focus of the game. But what do I know, I don't play the game anymore.

Thanks for the replies guys, although Fox came online in the meantime, tested it, and it plays nice :)

There is still room for some extra players though, so the acces offer still stands

Same here, if you want a real test run the planes mod :)

Don't forget to implement a ramdisk for the loaded map, works wonders

Ermm, i'd have to google how to do that on windows. Been ages since i worked with ramdisks. Really saves a lot of speed?

Thanks for the replies guys, although Fox came online in the meantime, tested it, and it plays nice :)

There is still room for some extra players though, so the acces offer still stands

Same here, if you want a real test run the planes mod :)

Don't forget to implement a ramdisk for the loaded map, works wonders

Ermm, i'd have to google how to do that on windows. Been ages since i worked with ramdisks. Really saves a lot of speed?

Sure... RAMdisk would work wonders since creating new chunks means a lot of writes to disk etc...

If you have the RAM then it's a sensible idea... Never got around to setting it up when I was hosting though...

Well my pc is in desperate need of updating and has only one gig of memory. With 120mb of level files, that would cut over 10% of the ram. That will probably affect other stuff too much. (no dedicated server unfortunately)

Also, lots of exploring has already been done, so probably new chunks will not be generated a lot, right?

Also, lots of exploring has already been done, so probably new chunks will not be generated a lot, right?

depends what direction you go in, if you turn on planes a ramdisk is definately needed, as you can fly the length of a chunk in about a second XD

windows ramdisks aren't too hard to setup, just remember to have a script periodically saving the level to disk if you don't want to lose the progress.

i can test it if u still need more ppl. i may not play a lot on it because i have my own server that me and friends play on. i have a script that runs minecraft for me and makes routine backups and cartographies.

Back