Application failed to run

jastolze

Hi, I've been using my pandora for over a year now, no major issues. However, I came across one this morning, this is what it says:

"Mounting the PND failed. The application won't start"

I looked in that .out file and it's beyond me what it means. I'll attach it if anyone needs it.

P.S: My icons on the pandora aren't dissapearing like they normally do when I remove the SD card.

I'm wondering if I should reflash it?

Thanks for any help!

-Jastolze

Try rebooting, is the problem still there?
What PND are you trying to run?

If you haven't reflashed in a while you may benefit from the changes in the recent firmware.

If you haven't reflashed in a while you may benefit from the changes in the recent firmware.
I found out what it was. Like half of my files on the Pandora are corrupted. I know this because when I tried to copy over one, it told me so.

After I formatted and inserted another SD card, I didn't have the problem anymore. I just hope it didn't affect my 3DS game or my NDS Roms (since they were on the same card as well)

Is there anyway I can un corrupt the files? I'm assuming not, but if there is please do tell me.

Thanks,

Jastolze

With Windows, you can try to repair the card.

It might be that not the files are corrupted, but the filesystem. Windows will try to repair that.

However, Windows also deletes corrupted files, so if you want to try some other recovery tools as well, make an image of your card.

With Windows, you can try to repair the card.

It might be that not the files are corrupted, but the filesystem. Windows will try to repair that.

However, Windows also deletes corrupted files, so if you want to try some other recovery tools as well, make an image of your card.
How would I go about repairing the card? I know some of them are corrputed because when I tried to copy and paste a file from my Pandora, it said it can't copy it because the file itself is corrupt :/

Is there any way to fix this. It DID screw up my 3ds game I purchased through the eshop and I really don't want to have to purchase it again...

As far as I know if you purchased a game from the  eShop you can download it as many times as you want as long as it's the same 3DS you purchased it from.

I suggest just formatting the card to try and repair the damage and re-download the 3DS game. Assuming that the SD card isn't going bad, sometimes SD cards just go bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know if you purchased a game from the  eShop you can download it as many times as you want as long as it's the same 3DS you purchased it from.

I suggest just formatting the card to try and repair the damage and re-download the 3DS game. Assuming that the SD card isn't going bad, sometimes SD cards just go bad.
Alriight, thanks for the info. I'm still in need of help regarding the corruption issue. Is there a certain way to do it without formatting or erasing any data?

Back