"Failed to execute login command"

Alperoot

Welcome! Welcome to Airstrip 17.
After I put the password of my Pandora, it stays for 3-4 seconds "1 second if there is no sd card" and then says

Failed to execute login command
Then it asks for password again and the same. Can anyone help me? "note : I have a 64 GB NTFS SD Card (I can't format it to FAT32) and a 4 GB microSDHC card (I can format it to FAT)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone help please? I can't use my Pandora!

Login failure can be a sign that you filled up the space on the small 512MB NAND that the OS resides on (there typically only is 100MB free and can be easy to fill it by mistake)... The easy solution would be to reflash the firmware, but that requires a fat enabled SD card to boot from. There are a few other solution that come to mind, but I don't have the time to try it out nor explain it as I'm at work. 

So why exactly can't you format those cards to fat32? at least in Linux it's a fairly trivial matter. 

If you bought it used, it is likely a password for the old user. Do a full reflash and see if it works

Login failure can be a sign that you filled up the space on the small 512MB NAND that the OS resides on (there typically only is 100MB free and can be easy to fill it by mistake)... The easy solution would be to reflash the firmware, but that requires a fat enabled SD card to boot from. There are a few other solution that come to mind, but I don't have the time to try it out nor explain it as I'm at work. 

So why exactly can't you format those cards to fat32? at least in Linux it's a fairly trivial matter.
I can't! It says "It is too big for 64GB". I don't understand why.
And no, I didn't bought it used. I probably filled up the NAND by a mistake.

I can't! It says "It is too big for 64GB". I don't understand why.
And no, I didn't bought it used. I probably filled up the NAND by a mistake.
You can find a FAT flasher tool for those larger SD cards. Simply flash it on an x86 computer, or pick up a cheapo small SD card for a permanant rescue card (what I did)

It says "It is too big for 64GB". I don't understand why.
An artificial limit set by the Windows formatter. FAT32 is not very efficient at tracking empty space so Microsoft arbitrarily decided that 32GB was enough, after which you needed to use NTFS.It's not a limit of the format itself, and as Swordfish says you can get 3rd party format tools that can do it: Here's one

Ok, so booting from SD can solve everything? (I mean, is there something I should do for a full reflash?)

It doesn't show "boot from SD1" in boot menu :(

I am trying to boot it from my 2GB FAT SDCard but it doesn't show up in the boot menu, too :( can anyone help me please?

Have you downloaded the firmware image and extracted it into the main directory of the SD Card?

The Pandora only shows the boot from SD Card-Entry if there is an SD Card in that can boot.

Grab the image here:

http://openpandora.org/firmware/fullflash/SuperZaxxon172.zip

Extract it into the root directoy of your SD Card and retry booting from it.

It will then reflash your Pandora to the latest version.

Be sure to wait on first boot until the first boot wizard shows up - otherwise you need to reflash it again.

Have you downloaded the firmware image and extracted it into the main directory of the SD Card?

The Pandora only shows the boot from SD Card-Entry if there is an SD Card in that can boot.

Grab the image here:

http://openpandora.org/firmware/fullflash/SuperZaxxon172.zip

Extract it into the root directoy of your SD Card and retry booting from it.

It will then reflash your Pandora to the latest version.

Be sure to wait on first boot until the first boot wizard shows up - otherwise you need to reflash it again.
Yeah, I exactly did that. I'll probably try another sd card.

Edit : Wait. Are we supposed to extract the .tgz archive, too?

Edit 2 : I realized that it only works on FAT32. I hope it works.

Nevermind, just flashed it on a FAT32 microSD card using an adaptor. Thanks for everyone's help.

Back