Applications suddenly freezing

Nikkis-

Still Fresh
This happens especially with Draw Something. I have been playing the game perfectly fine many times, but now it's suddenly slowing down and then freezing completely. Actually now the game doesn't even boot when I reinstalled it.

Is this somehow related to Pandora running out of memory? How come the game worked fine before? Does anybody know any tips on how to stop this happening?

My Pandora is first gen.

Probably running out of memory, yes.

They probably don't freeze but slow down A LOT.

Try to use swap.

I have a classic Pandora too, and I find that it's absolutely necessary when not using swap to kill any apps that I can; you only have a small amount of RAM, around 50MB IIRC, not taken up by the regular Android stuff.

So yeah, using swap is definitely a good idea.

Alright, do I create a swap partition on the first/left SD card? Does the SD card need to be formatted before creating the swap partition?

You can also create a file instead of a partition. There is even a pnd that will help you with that on the repo.

I created a 1 gb swap file and now apps run much, much better. Basic computing is also much faster, thanks!

E: Altough Draw Something still takes really long to load and freezes all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back