Apps Freeze Every Time

GODVer3

Still Fresh
Hi, stupid noob here...I was installing a dpad mod, and that itself is working fine along with most other things on the gp2x (duke3d works fine) but when I try to run Pocketsnes or Squidge both of them either freeze right away, or freeze when loading a rom. They both also freeze when trying to exit to the menu. While I was installing the mod I accidentally knocked off one of the resistors near the joystick, but stuck it back on. Also, I accidentally shorted the unit out once by touching a metal part to the board briefly. I've tried upgrading the firmware, as well as formatting the memory but no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

ed: Tried running from nand memory but no luck there.

Yes, they worked fine. Now, I'm assuming that whatever shorted it out did one of two things: it either blew a chip (BAD) or it blew a fuse (good..if I know which one it is). Does that seem right? Oi this sucks.. I also had issues with the left direction (the resistor came off completely, so what I did is I stuck it onto another seemingly unused resistor (haha) and it works now, although somewhat less responsive, I assume due to the change in resistance. When does the XGP come out :'(

I'd check the voltage regulators are working properly (ie. outputting the right voltage and not singing), also check the input voltage of the mmsp2.

Back