Aquafish Firmware Frying Usb Hub

Magellan

Website
Visit site
I just flashed with the new Aquafish, and now when I plug the GP32 into my USB hub, the lights go haywire, and I get a mesage about a power surge to the hub. No problem before. When I unplug the cable, the end plugged into the GP32 is hot to the touch.

:blink: HOLY HELL, umm, don't use the usb hub, if you have another usb port on ur compy then use that... never heard of this prob b4...

wierd...

is your gp32 ok?!

Amazing how often I find reaons to be very glad I have a card reader. :blink:

make sure u turn on your gp32 and wait till the menu is up b4 plugging in the usb wire

Well, I use Windows 98 in a Pentium IV machine, and except original firmware and PacRom 3.1 I got lot of USB errors when plugin GP32 to the computer with a different firmware. I even have tried to do Wind-ups firmware versions and tested them, but like other firmwares (including Aquafish and Multifirmware) they fail to work properly, at least in my computer. Some other people using Windows XP seems to be happy and don't have my problems, but...

karthur
------------------------
Wind-ups: http://www.f-labs.com/gp32/wind-ups

as write in the gamepark's site:
>This beta software maybe have some kinds of problem.
>So, Unstable action can happen.
>If you want stable version. please wait.
using the multifw v3.0 is safer!!! your problem has maybe come from the new firmware in beta version(if you use the aquamultifw v3.1)...

Back