ARChon - Chromium

I know that you are really busy Trashy, I was wondering if you had any news about this?

I will need to hack together another install of Chromium as it's not in the debian repo, but could try it when I get the chance... 
I'm surprised. the sources are there for sure and google build their official arm binaries on debian, so I am surprised

I will need to hack together another install of Chromium as it's not in the debian repo, but could try it when I get the chance... 
I'm surprised. the sources are there for sure and google build their official arm binaries on debian, so I am surprised
Well I did end up getting the ubuntu version of chromium working, however that was a few rootfs images ago, I'll need to do it again. Maybe it chromium was added since I last checked... I won't have time today to play with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't running android apps in chrome require webGL? If so I fear we will see poor performance without GLshim and proper drivers. Would tinyGL be helpful as a temporary placeholder?

Doesn't running android apps in chrome require webGL? If so I fear we will see poor performance without GLshim and proper drivers.

WebGL is based on OpenGL ES 2.0.

Doesn't running android apps in chrome require webGL? If so I fear we will see poor performance without GLshim and proper drivers.

WebGL is based on OpenGL ES 2.0.
I don't think we have drivers yet though...

edit: now I get what you mean. GLshim is not helpful, but SGX drivers are.

Is that a Chrom OS and Android Emulator? Thats like a dream come true for a dual-boot option for me. I plan on just cloud computing with it and having some offline dedicated stuff. Also I'm a Google freak that has every aspect of google integrated in my life xD

> Blast from the past https://boards.openpandora.org/topic/17920-pyra-with-new-chrome-app-arc-welder/

You can try it on the Pandora, but it doesn't work, it fail to download some native library (just armhf seems to be availble, no arm softfp to be found, like always with Chromium, that target is not supported except for Android).

You can try it on the Pandora, but it doesn't work, it fail to download some native library (just armhf seems to be availble, no arm softfp to be found, like always with Chromium, that target is not supported except for Android).

That's too bad.

Thanks for trying ptitSeb

Back