Archos 97 Platinum

microHDMI it seems... read on

www.androidcentral.com/archos-officially-announces-platinum-line-tablets-sale-beginning-february

Under archos tech specs hdmi is not mentioned if my mind serves me right this sight claimed the nexus 7 had one it didnt also would be nice to know which cpu this is using

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting (especially that screen resolution) are there any price/availability details yet?

The 116 is larger right?.. but are the specs different/better than the 97?

According to the "Design" tab on the first link, its mini-hdmi.

Because it’s got a mini-HDMI port, you can plug your ARCHOS 97 Platinum HD into your HDTV to experience the complete Android™ interface on your TV. Great for watching videos or sharing that gaming session on the big screen.

Very interesting (especially that screen resolution) are there any price/availability details yet?

The 116 is larger right?.. but are the specs different/better than the 97?
The 80 has a lower screen res the 97 and 116 are the same higher res and the rest of the specs ie cpu,gpu etc are the same for all 3 

There will be three tablets in the range including an 8 inch, 9.7 inch and, later, an 11.6 inch.

The ARCHOS 80 Platinum will be available in February for €199 / $199 / £179

The ARCHOS 97 Platinum HD will be available in February for €249 / $299 / £249

The ARCHOS 116 Platinum will be available in April for €349 / $349 / £299

So what is this price listed here... the 97 Platinum HD at £249

Is that the 9.7" one or the 8" one, do you know?

The 101XS looks nice, with the magnetic cover that doubles as the k/board dock.

This 97 Platinum HD though looks more tempting with the ratio and the resolution.

So what is this price listed here... the 97 Platinum HD at £249

Is that the 9.7" one or the 8" one, do you know?

The 101XS looks nice, with the magnetic cover that doubles as the k/board dock.

This 97 Platinum HD though looks more tempting with the ratio and the resolution.
80= 8"

97= 9.7"

116= 11.6"

doh!

I did think as I was typing that the '97 Platinum' might just be the 9.7" model :)

cheers for clarifying

I was planning on waiting until there were a few Tegra 4 devices out there..

But I'm finding that £249 price for the 97 very tempting, it seems remarkably good value given the screen resolution & spec.

I'll still be holding off until there are some reviews out in the wild though, let's face it Archos doesn't really have a great track record as far as build quality is concerned.. time will tell what corners have had to be cut, to offer that level of performance/screen resolution for the price (battery life most probably)

I was planning on waiting until there were a few Tegra 4 devices out in the wild..

But I'm finding that £249 price for the 97 very tempting, it seems remarkably good value given the screen resolution & spec.

I'll still be holding off until there are some reviews out in the wild though, let's face it Archos doesn't really have a great track record as far as build quality is concerned.. time will tell what corners have had to be cut, to offer that level of performance/screen resolution for the price (battery life most probably)
We still dont know what cpu it has

Back