Are Gp2x Sales That Bad?

I know with all the speculation around a new handheld at the moment, the feeling is that the 2X has basically stopped selling, and I think CraigIX said sales were 'dead'. Which is a shame.

Ironically I just ordered a 2X a couple of weeks ago (about a week before I found out about a new handheld. Typical! Not too fussed though). Anyway, its been delayed until wednesday now (meaning I've got some free extras, hurrah!) the reason being that there was an unexpected spike in orders and they quickly ran out of stock.

I asked the customer service about sales and they said they had dipped but generally went back up when a new review came out that they were unaware of.

So...anyone else have any info on 2X sales? Like people have said, without a "killer app" I suppose sales will never be consistent but it was nice to think that every now and then sales do rise and level out a bit.

The review I think was by a UK Linux magazine which scored 6/10. Unfortunately I don't have a copy.
http://www.linuxformat.co.uk/index.php?nam...f2cd4a201efbfa2

Also GamesTM did a round up of some GP2X homebrew games in issue 59.

- BattleJewels - 80%
- Beariods - 14%
- Drilll2x - 60%
- Fragger 2x - 5%
- Las Tres Luces de Glaurung - 76%
- Noiz2sa - 94%
- Reword - 90%
- Superpaf - 59%
- Volleyball - 65%
- Zoltan - 50%

InsertFaveGameNameHere said:
I know with all the speculation around a new handheld at the moment, the feeling is that the 2X has basically stopped selling, and I think CraigIX said sales were 'dead'. Which is a shame.

Ironically I just ordered a 2X a couple of weeks ago (about a week before I found out about a new handheld. Typical! Not too fussed though). Anyway, its been delayed until wednesday now (meaning I've got some free extras, hurrah!) the reason being that there was an unexpected spike in orders and they quickly ran out of stock.

I asked the customer service about sales and they said they had dipped but generally went back up when a new review came out that they were unaware of.

So...anyone else have any info on 2X sales? Like people have said, without a "killer app" I suppose sales will never be consistent but it was nice to think that every now and then sales do rise and level out a bit.
Just wait until I release my colour correcting daemon ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
the gp2x wont be dead for year, for example to day I saw a old homeless man playing with a Game boy classic, and latter a goth girl on the train playing a GB color. What I'm saying is it wont be dead tell ever working unit have broken down. Hell people are still writing games for the c64, nes, neogeo cd, sega MD/sega CD, and up-dates and new homebrew comes out for gp32 now and then.

Any ways I got a gp2x for the software it could run all ready, and not the software yet to come.

gp2x can play over 8000+ games, what more do you need?

Jegriva said:
Is there a speculation on how many GP2X have been sold in the world?

More or less 500,000?
Divide by 10 then subtract 5-15 thousand and you're probably about right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back