Are The Keys (buttons) Rubber Of Plastic?

mazza558 said:
I have a similar question:

- Will the keys be tough to press (like Sony Ericsson phones) with a distinctive click when pressed, or will they be easy to press/push down (with no click)?
No click.. you will feel the rubber bending as you press the key, like in a normal TV remote control.. but the buttons will have special "plastic-like" top.. which is nice ;)

I think i'd prefer there to be a click. It would make it more like a real keyboard.

as far as i know.. the majority of PC keyboards use a rubber mat too, producing no such sound :p the sound you hear is the plastic/metal "thingy" that is holding each key, which is a little loose. You don't even have to press the keys to hear it.. just pass you palm over them

Last edited by a moderator:
the "latest render" looks a lot like the keys on my G1, which while plastic are a dream to type on. Very speedy.

What I meant is that I want there to be a noticable point where it counts as being pressed. Not for it to be like a mouse button.

km2783 said:
the "latest render" looks a lot like the keys on my G1, which while plastic are a dream to type on. Very speedy.
They are the same material, but they will not feel the same when you press them ;)

Bramrash said:
What I meant is that I want there to be a noticable point where it counts as being pressed. Not for it to be like a mouse button.
You will like them then ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back