Argh! Have I Gone And Stuck My Foot In It?

grarap

Still Fresh
I was in a bit of a dilema about whether to get a GP32 or a GP2X a few days ago. I thought that saving $70 was a good move so I got a '32 BLU. I'm not really interested in modern emulation or movie players anyway.

However I didn't actually realise that a SNES controller has 6 buttons. I've never owned one before and I had always assumed that it was just a,b,x,y. Now I unfortunately really regret getting the 32. That is, unless somebody here can tell me that the SNES emulation is easy to control. I know that it's playable, but I don't know what key setup is best or how intuitive the entire thing really is in the long run.

Some reassurance and advice would be very welcome ;)

It's very playable. Few games use all buttons at once, especially the shoulders, which you can assign to respond to missing face buttons. (ie. action buttons are A, B, and R-shoulder). Games are very playable, although you must overclock to something like ~155Mhz+ to get something decent out of it. Games like Super Mario World, the Donkey Kong Country series, and even F-Zero (this one without sound) run very well on it. (Snes9xgp)

Hmmm, thanks for that. Could I assign the control scheme so that if I was playing Mario for instance, R on the GP32 = X on the SNES, but if I was playing DK R=Y? Or would I just have to reassign as I played?

Hey, having a look at the control schemes for most of the games I have on consoleclassix it looks like almost none of the games use the L+R buttons in any useful way! Phew

Back