Armagetron

Alpha2

Heroic Autobot
Website
the-real-alpha2.com
http://armagetron.sourceforge.net/

Tron.... Light cycles.

You know I've had this game on my computer for a while but never thought to look and see if it was open source, which it turns out it IS. We know the GP can handle at least a few doom style games so I wonder how much a stretch it'd be to port this game or one of the many "play-a-likes" in the links section of their site (some of which could be open source as well like the non 3d Palm version)

Anyone who can program and has the time that's curious about looking into it?

I've loved this on PC, and I'd love to love it on GP...

Maybe a port wouldn't be so good as to use Yeti3D + some AI to do a clone; that way we'd *definitely* get decent speed (bearing in mind the original does like OpenGL)

That said, the AI code from armagetron probably (?) doesn't use OpenGL bits in it, so perhaps you could take that and textures and credit them fairly heavily... Not sure.

Hope someone has a bash at it though :D

(what with GBAX2004 coming up and everything)

I'd actually suggest all new AI because Armagetron itself has some really corny ones, I can litterally just wait out a set of 4 AI opponents and let them kill themselves.

This is a cool game - would be even better with RF linkup :)

There are sooooo many different versions out there, and to be honest, it probably wouldn't be too hard to do a total rewrite specifically for gp32...

Back