Armor City Full Beta

I love the sound effects! It's a good start. Some background music would give it a nice atmosphere and maybe nice nicer eye candy. I came across no bugs however. It did take a while for me to work out I need to press the stick button to select in the menu, but I'm just slow ;)

Heh, I was wondering what the reaction to my roommate-tacular sound effects would be.

The game does actually support background music, however I didn't include any because the .ogg files made the zip pretty big. Instructions on how to make your own .ogg files play in the background are contained in the readme, as well as all of the button combinations in case anything else isn't as obvoius as I thought it might be.

As a fan of the original Rescue Raiders, I am in heaven. This game was one of the main reasons I was begging for an Apple II emulator(which I got, and is quite awesome in itself).
Armor City doesn't play exactly like RR (you shouldn't be able to fly through the balloon rope and survive, also the shrapnel was a bit more spread out), but it comes close. Also, I love the sound effects. Are there engineers? I might have missed that...

Do you take donations?

Thanks for the feedback. Your comment is interesting, because I remember being able to take one or two hits from a balloon string before dying. I will work this into the difficulty settings for my next release. I'll also try to add a shrapnel spread option so you can alter how that works. It does seem like I've missed engineers, I'll try to throw those in as well.

As for donations, I have a PayPal account setup under the email addresss incarnateRW@hotmail.com. All donations are appreciated, but in no way expected.

Incarnate posted on Mar 23 2006 at 02:14 PM said:
Thanks for the feedback. Your comment is interesting, because I remember being able to take one or two hits from a balloon string before dying. I will work this into the difficulty settings for my next release. I'll also try to add a shrapnel spread option so you can alter how that works. It does seem like I've missed engineers, I'll try to throw those in as well.

As for donations, I have a PayPal account setup under the email addresss incarnateRW@hotmail.com. All donations are appreciated, but in no way expected.
To be fair, I'm talking the original Rescue Raiders. They might have made changes for Armor Alley, I never played it.
Still, I say do it however you want, I'm not expecting a perfect emulation, nor was a complaining so much as stating the difference. Keep up the great work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just posted V0.30b, which includes Engineers (R + L to order), and some extra options based on your suggestions. Thanks ingrin for your helpful feedback.

Back