Article In Linux Devices...

It's not their first Pandora article - nor is Linuxdevices the only CE site to do a feature piece - but it's certainly a good one. There are a couple mild inaccuracies, but most of them are of the "It was true at one point" variety, and you certainly can't expect someone to follow every twist and turn of development on these forums :D

Why do they keep calling it the Pandora Player?

To confuse readers, because googling to 'pandora player' won't show the Openpandora.org website.

Just so the writers have increased chance they'll be able to pre-order a Pandora before hitting the 3K.

Great article that - best yet! Coupla small mistakes as chip said but nothing that'd spoil someones interest.

That article is surely enough to get any Linux/gadget geek all hot and fidgety- wonder how many hours will pass on 30th before all 3000 are GONE (would this be allowed to happen?)

I found the OMAP/OGL ES 2 altparty.org demo party invite video to be especially interesting as I'd not seen that before

Pretty good, a little copy and paste but a well done article, you can tell they must know what they are talking about (at least more than some sites).

When the big day comes we will need to organise some digg action and things like that, how many people have digg accounts and can get the message out there I wonder?

craigix said:
Pretty good, a little copy and paste but a well done article, you can tell they must know what they are talking about (at least more than some sites).

When the big day comes we will need to organise some digg action and things like that, how many people have digg accounts and can get the message out there I wonder?
I was actually wondering about things like Digg. The word hasn't really gotten out that far outside of the tech gadget community. Would things like people "Digg"ing it, Facebook group and the like be a useful endeavor to keep word of mouth moving?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been spreading the word to my friends, carrying around my GP2X and explaining the open handheld concept rather than the 2X itself. I've had a few "...wants a Pandora." status messages on Facebook and other sites that have prompted some inquiries. Speaking of which, how about an official Pandora group on Facebook? All I see in a search are groups about the radio.

Facebook and Digg are bound to be worthwhile investments to advertise, though I would hope it wasn't used extensively until after the first 3k were available for preorder.

Edit:
I enjoyed the article, though didn't learn anything new.

Korlithiel said:
Facebook and Digg are bound to be worthwhile investments to advertise, though I would hope it wasn't used extensively until after the first 3k were available for preorder.
Haha...I kind of feel selfish to agree. :3

danboid said:
That article is surely enough to get any Linux/gadget geek all hot and fidgety- wonder how many hours will pass on 30th before all 3000 are GONE (would this be allowed to happen?)
When the Horizon's H-Racer got a few articles written about it, the manufacture got overwhelmed with orders. I got a delay notice and they said they would work as fast as possible to make more.

The Pandora orders are going to flood in exponentially with more exposure. Once my friends see the device first hand, they will want it. There will be a big crowd waiting for the 2009 batch.

mechanizeddeath said:
Speaking of which, how about an official Pandora group on Facebook? All I see in a search are groups about the radio.

I think this is a nice idea, and a good way to spread word of mouth.

I'll sign up if there's an official Pandora group on Facebook.

It was a nice article, but I think they forgot to mention the part about it cooking my waffles.

Edit: Crap, double posted again.

craigix said:
Heh... They've been at doing embedded and consumer electronics Linux based devices for years now. I skim them all the time to find out about new stuff that the vendors are supporting Linux on or supplying it with Linux.

/me has a Digg acct. :D

Sphinxter said:
Because it macs like a playah. I find the angstrom bit very encouraging, had not heard that before, very good move. I would not waste my time putting some other distro in it's place, this is most excellent.
Heh... I'm surprised that you didn't put two and two together with remarks about Beagleboard having this and not to worry about it.

Back