Ashens reviews the Pandora

Reddit has been having problems because of the Amazon server degradation. (I have no idea when "degradation" became a technical term.) There were no new posts for a day, then only paying members could log in, and now current members can log in. I don't think they're back up at full speed yet. So you should give them a couple days if you want to join, although it's plenty enjoyable if you just want to lurk there.

Reddit got to be huge after Digg changed their design, which apparently was almost universally hated. A very large number of Digg users migrated to Reddit as a result. It used to be that a post on Digg needed around 1000 upvotes to hit the front page, now less than 100 upvotes are required.

4chan is like Lord of the Flies. Reddit is more like Gilligan's Island. Or something. (It's the only thing I could think of.)

On a side note, up until a few hours ago these forums was maintaining a steady rate of >100 guest visitors, butck has now dropped down to ~50. Gess we know who to thank for the publicity!

I've just finished watching the review (on my pandora I might add) and it's nice to see a reviewer that really gets what the Pandora is all about.

^ I think what's nice about the review is that he's not from some magazine or other type of publication, so he's not trying to defend advertising revenue or act like specifications are all that matters, and thus there's no layer of bullshit to try to comb through. You can plainly see Dr. Ashen just having a ton of fun with it, and finding it useful. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Craigix, regarding your tweet have you suddenly received lots of orders after this video went up or are you just talking about people generally interested?

Also was Ashens one of the people to receive a free demo unit or did he find out about/buy the unit himself?

I assume he bought it; demo units only went to devs, I think.
Well as far as I know Craig sent out a few units to reviewers but I seem to remember him saying that he didn't send them to the big sites like joystiq etc. which is why Ashens came to my mind.

Craigix, regarding your tweet have you suddenly received lots of orders after this video went up or are you just talking about people generally interested?

Also was Ashens one of the people to receive a free demo unit or did he find out about/buy the unit himself?

+1

Good choice then :)

I've not had time to give it a watch .. Looking forward to it; always good to see/hear :)

Happy Easter everybody!

Jeff

4 months to twinning... Ticktockticktock ;)

Well, I've seen it, I'm impressed! Glad he received one, look at all the views!

Steady review! Good choice to send a unit to Ashens for a review, as he always reviews things pretty accurately. Luckily, it felt like he was able to relive his childhood with his unit like many of us do. As long as the review was, it was pretty entertaining and very watchable. I actually wish he had done more showcasing the a/v players and homebrew games that really shine, but I can see how that would be pretty hard. And the comments are very favorable! I hope this attracts more Pandora owners and more press.

I think the review is pretty nice (showing lots of things), although I tend to dislike this "English rehearsed humor" in general.

^ I'm guessing that you're such a sale, so to speak, rather than Dr. Ashen himself? :lol: Welcome aboard!

Back