Release Assembled Pandora Video

abiword doesn't work nearly as well as OO for importing word docs.... kinda hard to share code between a c/c++ and a java project I would think koffice would be sharing more code with abiword than OO

how about including a nice GTK theme and switcher.... my personal favortite is Wiiblack although crux and clearlooks are right up there

if you have only used abiword on windows.. that is why it looks bad it uses the genric gtk theme instead of the custom theme usually used on a *nix system

Well I personally still hope OO will be available, I clearly prefer it over abiword/gnumeric etc

What about Vim + LaTeX, I guess that runs on ARM, and generally produces superior typesetting.

'Gruso' said:
'.Gogeta§§J4BR.' said:
for dvd->video, I'd say HandBreak is also a very handy app
Yes yes. Everyone needs to know about this app. It's open source, and has now evolved beyond DVDs - it's a one stop transcoding package.

http://handbrake.fr/

But then again, the Pandora will hardly require any "transcoding". ;)

Edit: Obviously the forum software isn't completely fixed - it's adding backslashes to all kinds of symbols. Makes for lots of editing.

Another Edit: Gah! It's useless!

Last edited by a moderator:
'Olexxy' said:
Well I personally still hope OO will be available, I clearly prefer it over abiword/gnumeric etc
OOo may be preferable over abiword etc. on a full featured PC, but I'm afraid that on the pandora it may be a bit too full-featured.

But then I'm in the vim+LaTeX camp myself, and I don't even have OOo (nor abiword) on my home PC

I think to run the latest version of OO is asking too much as it has some greedy base RAM requirements

However you could probably go back about 1-2 versions and find one that would work quite well on a 256MB machine, and which could be ported to pandora - asking for latest version is a step too far

Still, someone made ooo run on the N8x0. IIRC someone made an alternative, 'full Debian' OS and ooo was included.

Back