Assessment Day With Fdm

Bramrash

Helloooooooooo,

I have a few questions for the few that still frequent this area...

Has anyone heard of these people?
My link

The basically give you a crash course in Java programming and then you have to sign a contract to work for them for 2 years. I have an assessment day in a week, and was told to bring some example code with me. The guy on the phone said they can't accept matlab or fortran stuff, which is what I coded in a bit at uni, so I said I could program in python ( I couldn't really, I think I looked at it once about 4 years ago). Anyway, I've managed to write a program that renames photos with the dates that they were taken, then puts them into folders named with the month and year that the photos were taken.

It's quite a simple program, not too long, got a couple of error checks in it to stop it crashing.

Do I need to use clases do you think? I don't really know what they are, but I think I should probably learn.

Also does this seem complex enough, he said it just needs to show them that you have the logic to program, because obviously they train you anyway.

Mainly I want to know if anyone's heard of them. They get mixed reviews on the net.

Well, they're a recruitment agency that will place you in corporate/high-paying jobs (hopefully) and profit from your status as a 'student developer', paying you little but satisfying their contract with an employer, all the while giving you in-house training for which they also receive a tax break from the government. If you can find the people to work for you, such recruitment companies can be quite profitable.

If your intention is to become a better programmer, you can't go wrong with actually getting out there and having some experience, and if they're a good company, you'll have the chance to work with good people, probably.

Or .. you could end up doing a lot of very boring shit-work. Which is also good; learn from the shit-work, apply it to your evening hacking sessions at home ..

Back