Atari Jaguar Emulation??

I've got part of the emulated graphics processor running in the second CPU now, but the GP2X isn't entirely happy about it. I must be clobbering something I shouldn't be because the dual CPU build only runs once after powerup, then refuses to run again unless I turn the GP2X off and back on.

I'm rather busy with day-job work at the moment, but I steal the odd hour or two here and there when I can to work on this. :)

I've got part of the emulated graphics processor running in the second CPU now, but the GP2X isn't entirely happy about it. I must be clobbering something I shouldn't be because the dual CPU build only runs once after powerup, then refuses to run again unless I turn the GP2X off and back on.

I'm rather busy with day-job work at the moment, but I steal the odd hour or two here and there when I can to work on this. :)

Any chance of a picture of the VLM running on GP2X?

It would be great to get that going while playing some MP3's or an iso or whatever format.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance of a picture of the VLM running on GP2X?

It would be great to get that going while playing some MP3's or an iso or whatever format.
Not at the moment I'm afraid.

The original PC version of the emulator was designed specifically to emulate the VLM as well as Tempest 2000. However, the version of the emulator core I've based the GP2X port on has broken sound input routines because I distracted its author by trying to get him to add support for Defender 2000. :)

Hopefully he'll find time to put together a new release of the emulator core soon. I don't want to pester him too much because he's a very busy man. If it looks like he might not get round to it I might see if I can hack the sound input routines from an earlier version of the emulator into the GP2X port. I would be very cool to be able to play MP3s with the VLM providing visuals...

I've done a bit more to the dual core version by the way, and although not running at 100% speed it is now fast enough to play an enjoyable game (albeit with no sound yet). Even nicer if you crank the clock up to 250MHz or more... :)

I'll try to find time to squeeze a bit more speed out of it and improve its stability, then hopefully I'll be in a position to release a beta version in a couple of weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome news Firefox - if you need any alpha testing put me down for some.

...Returns to playing Jeff minter Classics on Vice

Back