Atari Lynx Emu

DaveC

Internal Development
Hi I have been playing around with Tuskenraider's brilliant Lynx emu on the GP32. It was so close to perfect even with sound. I would hate to lose this going to the GP2X. I am not sure if he will be getting one and porting it or not. His emu was really amazing considering the difficulty in porting this emu. It even fixed the tile seams that were a problem on the PC.

Does anyone know of any source code clean enough to be ported to the GP2X? I think Handy was too bloated.

I believe the GP32 version was simply a port of the original Handy. So far I haven't located and source for any version but the original.

Alpha2 posted on Oct 4 2005 at 06:10 PM said:
I believe the GP32 version was simply a port of the original Handy. So far I haven't located and source for any version but the original.

Tuskenraider cleaned it up and optimised it alot though. The original straight PC port ran at like 50% speed with no sound. Now it is like 95% with sound.

Last edited by a moderator:
skeezix posted on Oct 4 2005 at 07:04 PM said:
Tried getting ahold of him? Get the source, and someone'll maintain it.

jeff

I tried to get a hold of him to ask for the source too and got no response either :( Hopefully someday someone can get him to reply.

OrR posted on Oct 4 2005 at 07:39 PM said:
What ever happened to Tuskenraider?

I wish I knew. I think his emu is much under rated. He did a real nice job with it. I even drew the background pic for it (the Lynx one, not the bugle one) I will have to keep my GP32 around just for Lynx I guess.

It may be just me, but Tuskenraider always seemed somewhat removed from the community - he'd be away for a few months, then he'd release something out of the blue and so on. You can even see it in the non-standard menu system on his Lynx emu - it's just so completely different from anything else released on the GP32 that you have to wonder if he was completely in a world of his own when he designed it.

I think his emulator is brilliant mind you, one of the best on the GP32, but somehow I'm not too surprised that you can't get hold of him.

I would like to see this on the Gp2X alot though. It is quite good now so I could only imagine how good it could be with the extra powah!

Back