Atari Lynx Ii Backlight

GP40

I've got a dead lynx (and a live one :)). The dead ones in pieces, but, what is the backlight?, it looks like a mini flurescent tube light to me but surely it cant be?

Doh!! stupid board changing the title from II to Ii :p

Hey hey, I've just realised the BBC, Electron and Lynx Mikey and Sally chips are all 6502 CPUs :ph34r:

That is why the Lynx had such shitty battery life. A clever hardware hacker could gut out the bulb and it's voltage increasing circuitry and replace with white LEDs for super deluxe battery life.

DaveC posted on Sep 5 2005 at 02:05 PM said:
That is why the Lynx had such shitty battery life. A clever hardware hacker could gut out the bulb and it's voltage increasing circuitry and replace with white LEDs for super deluxe battery life.
true, but we need to ask ourselves; is it really worth it for an atari lynx? :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
*slaps daclassic with a trout*

You dare call yourself daclassicgamingmaster, and ask a question like that? :ph34r: :huh:

Unless, by classic you mean the olden days of PS and vintage retro games like Tomb Raider... :p

Jarska333 posted on Sep 6 2005 at 01:51 PM said:

You dare call yourself daclassicgamingmaster, and ask a question like that? :ph34r: :huh:

Unless, by classic you mean the olden days of PS and vintage retro games like Tomb Raider... :p

thats why he is the "self proclaimed" master. Everyone knows I am the true master.

Jarska333 posted on Sep 6 2005 at 09:51 AM said:

i am pretty classic, but not classic enough to pimp out my lynx :p

and a trout? of all fish to slap me with, why trout? i woulda gon with something edgy, like fluke. but thats just me..... :ph34r:

Back