Audio Creation Software For The Pandora

thoughtcriminal

Still Fresh
As I musician, I see a lot of potential in the pandora. A lot of the time, I will be on the run and get an awesome beat in my head, only to lose it by the time I get back in front of my computer.
Enter the Pandora.
What I would like to see would be a set of studio tools available for the pandora. something so I can sit there, say in class, and pound out a full rough draft of the song, using nothing but my pandora and a set of headphones.
I'd want a Drum machine such as Hydrogen and a nice Midi/audio sequencer. Maybe even a full composing environment such as Rosegarden or MusE if possible (I come from Propellerhead's Reason, but that would never go on the Pandora, and I wouldn't want it to).

edit: LMMS also looks nice

If I knew anything about porting, I would get right on porting such programs to the Pandora. However, I do not. I'm hoping there are a few other mobile musicians here that have similar dreams and would be willing to take on such a project.

Anyway, commence flaming.
tc

I wanted the same thing and I found one open source music editing type program but it is more like guitar pro it's called power tab editor I also don't know how to program(trying to learn) so I can't port it but ya never know....

GrungBuk said:
I wanted the same thing and I found one open source music editing type program but it is more like guitar pro it's called power tab editor I also don't know how to program(trying to learn) so I can't port it but ya never know....
Power Tab is horrible, we need Tux Guitar! (n.b while that is a request for a port, its not a serious one as I have done no research into Tux Guitar to see if the source is available and if a port would even be possible)

Last edited by a moderator:
Geuben said:
(n.b while that is a request for a port, its not a serious one as I have done no research into Tux Guitar to see if the source is available and if a port would even be possible)
Tux Guitar is open source and needs a jre, which should be available. Seems quite possible to port.

I know some guys who do music on the gp2x.
Ds has some crazy softwares like ProteinDS ( the best i think ) , id love this on the pandora . and its from a homebrew maker.
There was one for the old gameboy. The Rom is out there for free since they stopped producing the cartridge, once i get back home ill post it over here.
Or else you can still get mario paint for the snes ! aha. not has fancy , but great to sketch out ideas.
But we seriously should look into , theres some great musical softwares from handelds that are used by actual performers on stage. ( Nerdcore someone ? )

AND AS A MUSICIAN i would think its a great addition ! would make me love my pandora even moar

djmaddis said:
thinking about it, fast tracker should theoretically run in dos box. Fasttracker 3 on pandora, now thats an idea! Any fast tracker fans out there?
Or even Octamed SoundStudio on the Amiga!!! :D

Does anybody know if AHI drivers will be available for native access to the Pandora's audio hardware under Amiga Emulation?

socket said:
Anyone try Milky tracker on GP2X? Something like that would be sweet. But optimized for the Pandora Hardware.

Or maybe I'll convince the creator of Nitrotracker for the DS to get a Pandora and start developing a tracker for it.

I would be happy to pay for this as i am always wanting to put my ideas down. I am a trance / hardcore producer and always thinking of new lead riffs etc. The ability to save the sequence as a midi track would be great as i could import this into my studio pc at home.

when i improved my python skills (just started to learn it :p ) i will definitly ork on something to make music with. I was just working on such programs in darkbasic. well lets see

This thread reminded me about a question I've been sitting on:
As far as I understand the Pandora has a mic., or at least audio, input.
Question: What sample rate can the Pandora use? The audio input on the N8x0 can only do 8kHz sampling, and trying to e.g. record sound snippets when you come up with something, on any kind of instrument, sounds horrible. It works for voice, just about.

I may have just found the perfect program
Milkytracker

Its open source and has a version designed for portable devices. If someone could port it to Pandora, it would be exactly what I'm looking for.

edit: socket already mentioned it

thoughtcriminal said:
I may have just found the perfect program
Milkytracker

Its open source and has a version designed for portable devices. If someone could port it to Pandora, it would be exactly what I'm looking for.

edit: socket already mentioned it

Man this is great news. Good find thoughtcriminal socket B)

downloading the Microsoft Windows Unicode as we speak

Hey, just did a bit more research and found out this:

http://www.awezoom.com/skale/

Its been almost 6 years since i used fast tracker II.

The main thing to note here is that Skale supports vst instruments and it runs on linux. If any one knows what a vst is, then you know that is very good news!

This program was formerly known as fast tracker 3 (was not really released even though i managed to get hold of a beta version)

LordFu said:
MilkyTracker should compile just fine. I've played with it on my N800, and with a bt keyboard, it works exactly as on my PC.
N8*0 use the same processor architecture as the pandora yes?

Oh, and I love the Ministry Quote in your sig

Back