Audio nuts take note

Oh, as to the sound quality, it continues to astound. To get my brain going a little more, I played the TrackMania Canyon soundtrack on my work computer (I also have the soundtrack on the Pandora). After about two minutes, I became acutely aware that the music was failing in this task. The music just didn't have that "punch-through-anything-power" that it did while I was walking to work. So I switched to the Pandora, and sure enough, almost immediately I become aware of the big musical fists punching the faces.. of... my ears... my ear-faces. I am invincible!!!!

As with the original poster, I also have an Alienware M11X-R3, and by lap-top standards the audio is very good, but it is still bested by the Pandora. It just excels in every musical hurdle that comes its way.

It was a long 24 page read over there at Head-Fi.  :wacko:
dude I only linked to one post!  :)   didn't expect you to read the whole slog hahaha you have too much spare time huh?

In fact the the quote itself is enough - just wanted to say that one reviewer found the Pandora audio "smoked" the Dragonfly DAC audio, I was not expecting that.

Last edited by a moderator:
^

Well, I feel guilty for not getting in on that discussion earlier over at Head-Fi.  But then it seems like they would have dismissed me, called me a salesman.  Some people over there will never understand the  Pandora, but it's not a matter of changing minds.  It is just a matter of letting people know the Pandora exists, let them figure it out themselves if they can't grasp it, their loss.

^ or letting them decide that its not for them - the pandora is only really suited to a minority of consumers.

Having said that, I'd say that audiophiles are probably the 'right sort' of person, as you can't get very far in the search for perfect SQ without acquiring some knowledge on analogue electronics, installing a good soundcard in your PC, understanding audio codecs and lying on the floor poking a bird's nest of wire.

Back