Audiophiles... ???

Don't get me wrong, I love me some vinyl, but you certainly sacrifice clarity for warmth. You can't tell me that vinyl is higher quality audio. It may be a higher quality listening experience. But 24bit 48000hz digital audio is crystal. And 16bit CD audio is.. whatever, I'd rather listen to the vinyl.

For some reason that high of frequency response is what gives CDs their 'tinny' sound.

Like I say, for mobility, go digital because it really doesn't matter.

When you're at home, why not bust out the LPs?

closetwam said:
Don't get me wrong, I love me some vinyl, but you certainly sacrifice clarity for warmth. You can't tell me that vinyl is higher quality audio. It may be a higher quality listening experience. But 24bit 48000hz digital audio is crystal. And 16bit CD audio is.. whatever, I'd rather listen to the vinyl.
yes I can say that vinyl can be a higher quality listening experience, or at least as good as it's all down to how much you're willing to pay for a turntable, cartridge and stylus, a really good setup will sound truly amazing. I do agree that 24bit 48K will be crystal, but even that depends on the quality of the DACs, with low quality DACs no matter how good your amp and speaker setup is, it will sound crass.

As you can see from the paragraph above, you can't just assume that either Vinyl or Digital is better, it all boils down to the quality of the equipment. I have heard some Vinyl that Phil plays and it sounds like you're listening to a CD, only better, but he's really gone to town on his setup and he has done some really good fine tuning on it too.

Back