AVI Video Player for Pandora?

kneehighspy

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I tried a multitude of various forum, thread, file and title topics searches for an AVI video player for the Pandora. does anyone know of a decent AVI player for the Pandora? i've searched various board forums and file repositories without any luck.

any and all help is greatly appreciated!

I tried a multitude of various forum, thread, file and title topics searches for an AVI video player for the Pandora. does anyone know of a decent AVI player for the Pandora? i've searched various board forums and file repositories without any luck.

Ive tried the built in mplayer, the latest vlc and panplayer and they pretty good. The thing ive found with then all is an overlay probelm. You click on one of menus and the video is still ontop of the menu selected. But playing wise Panplayer seems the best at it

Ive tried the built in mplayer, the latest vlc and panplayer and they pretty good. The thing ive found with then all is an overlay probelm. You click on one of menus and the video is still ontop of the menu selected. But playing wise Panplayer seems the best at it

thanks for the quick help stainy. i thought i tried mplayer, but i don't think i did or my avi files i tried were at fault or corrupted. i'll give PanPlayer a go.

thanks again stainy!

VLC is the best media player I've tried. I'd recommend it. It's sooo much more than just a video player, including coverting, fixing, streaming etc. Of course, it's nice and easy just to watch vids with, aspect ratio & subtitle options etc. too

except that vlc is a lot slower than panplayer (or mplayer for that precise case). offcourse it will work great with lowish quality video, but to be able to read at acceptable performance a maximum number of non reencoded video, panplayer is the way to go.

If your video are 1080p, dont get your hopes up, 720p usually work in panplayer but it will lag a bit especially in the begining, 480p which is the pandora screen resolution should work great in panplayer or vlc alike.

Make sure you have the community codec pack installed, it contains mplayer if I'm not totally mistaken.

Back