Back|Track

input_cords

Still Fresh
http://www.backtrack-linux.org/

According to their news, you can now also download an ARM .img. It's been tested fully funtional on the Atrix 4g and Xoom, so would this be possible on the Pandy? It would be handy for something as small as the pandora for a security and administration Swiss army knife. (Maybe you could burn the image to an SDHC card an boot that? I don't know, I'm not sure of the Pandora's boot priority setup)

Oh, and hi all!

I'm assuming it's theoretically possible, but from what I can tell the problem with ARM (or maybe just SOCs in general) is that a slight change to the hardware will cause that OS to be unbootable. What I mean is, programs need to be designed for specific ARM configurations. It's not exactly like x86, where you can take any OS made for that platform and have it run on just about every other x86 chip. I think that the biggest cause of that is proprietary drivers and such. Another problem might be a simple lack of support for ARM in linux. I could be wrong, and I likely am, though.

tl;dr: it probably needs to be ported. I might give it a shot. Running it, I mean. Not porting.

Back