Backing Out Of Gp2x Sdl Libraries

I installed these SDL Libraries when I first got my GP2x and I'm suspect that they are causing the Robotron MAME emulator not to work properly.

So, how can I back out of them to test for sure?

Thanks folks.

Yeah good call i belive the sdl libaries are corrupt on my gp2x as abe wont load frodo and a few other things i would like to start from scratch

Ok, I take no responsability in whatever happends when running this script. All this does is delete all the files that were added from the tar file.
Warning, can someone with better knowledge of the file system before SDL installed please check this to see if its ok. This may Brick your GP2x, because I have no idea what the hell this may do. It just deletes all the files in the tar that were written. If any files need to stay there to boot, then your GP2x=fuxx0rd.

Code:
#/bin/sh
cd /lib/gconv
rm -f EUC-KR.so
rm -f gconv-modules
rm -f ISO8859-1.so
rm -f libKSC.so
rm -f SJIS.so
rm -f UTF-16.so
cd /usr/lib
rm -f libfreetype.so.6
rm -f libfreetype.so.6.3.8
rm -f libgcc_s.so.1
rm -f libSDL_mixer-1.2.so.0
rm -f libSDL_mixer-1.2.so.0.2.4
rm -f libSDL_ttf-2.0.so.0
rm -f libSDL_ttf-2.0.so.0.6.1
rm -f libstdc++.so.6
rm -f libsrdc++.so.6.0.3
cd /usr/gp2x
./gp2xmenu

EDIT:
Just to be safe, wait for someone with better knowledge of the GP2x to see if this is ok.

Well, doesn't matter anyway ... Someone came forward and said the emulator is running on his GP2x and he installed the libs also ... so .. that ain't it.

Thanks guys, for trying.

I have the same prob, where running Roboton just jumps back to the starting menu. Would love for someone to give advise on gettng Robotron working.

Cheers Andy!

Shane R. Monroe posted on Dec 12 2005 at 09:50 AM said:
Well, doesn't matter anyway ... Someone came forward and said the emulator is running on his GP2x and he installed the libs also ... so .. that ain't it.

Thanks guys, for trying.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, i think the problem is partialy installed libs that dont get overwriten, so grab the original install script and replace the cp's with cp -f's, should do it.

Robotron not working means your GP2x won't overclock to 266. A non-overclocked build works- but its unplayable below 266 at this time.

Back