Bad Day To Start Learning Fenix...

TrevorBradley

It appears the Fenix website is down, just as I started to learn to use it.

Firstly, I grabbed Fenix from this source:
http://home.wanadoo.nl/leslee/roelf/Gp32/fenix.htm

I have no idea what version that is, but I can't seem to get the executable to work on my F200.

I've got my first test program, it works fine on Windows, but I'm trying to follow the following directions:

Running your program on the GP is easy enough when you have your environment setup(see Getting Started below). Make a copy of FXI.fxe in your GPMM directory and rename it to your game name. For instance, if I would want to to play test.dcb, you'd rename to test.fxe. Then you create a folder with the same name, in this case 'test'. in test(GPMM/TEST/), you then place the test.dcb and used resources in that folder. Running the test.fxe should now start your game.

To be able to run Fenix games on your Gp you need to install the Fenix Runtime Environment. It's in the aforementioned package in the 'GP32 Files\gpsys' folder. You need to copy this file to your GPSYS directory.

This is pretty vague. I've tried all combinations of getting this working, getting my gpe file to run FXI.FXE, fenix.rte, with and without paramters, with the dcb file in a directory or not, and all I get is a quick boot back go the menu on my gp2x.

Any help? Should I wait for the main website to come online? Can anyone provide a direct link for a proper gp2x executable that works today? (Preferably with a HelloWorld.dcb so I can tell if it's configured properly

Thanks in advance!

Hmm, I swiped Ruckage's fxi from Blingo and now I appear to be working...

That's good enough for me for today!

Trevor Bradley said:
It appears the Fenix website is down, just as I started to learn to use it.

Firstly, I grabbed Fenix from this source:
http://home.wanadoo.nl/leslee/roelf/Gp32/fenix.htm

I have no idea what version that is, but I can't seem to get the executable to work on my F200.

I've got my first test program, it works fine on Windows, but I'm trying to follow the following directions:

Running your program on the GP is easy enough when you have your environment setup(see Getting Started below). Make a copy of FXI.fxe in your GPMM directory and rename it to your game name. For instance, if I would want to to play test.dcb, you'd rename to test.fxe. Then you create a folder with the same name, in this case 'test'. in test(GPMM/TEST/), you then place the test.dcb and used resources in that folder. Running the test.fxe should now start your game.

To be able to run Fenix games on your Gp you need to install the Fenix Runtime Environment. It's in the aforementioned package in the 'GP32 Files\gpsys' folder. You need to copy this file to your GPSYS directory.

This is pretty vague. I've tried all combinations of getting this working, getting my gpe file to run FXI.FXE, fenix.rte, with and without paramters, with the dcb file in a directory or not, and all I get is a quick boot back go the menu on my gp2x.

Any help? Should I wait for the main website to come online? Can anyone provide a direct link for a proper gp2x executable that works today? (Preferably with a HelloWorld.dcb so I can tell if it's configured properly

Thanks in advance!

Hmm, I swiped Ruckage's fxi from Blingo and now I appear to be working...

That's good enough for me for today!

this version of Fenix is for GP32, not for GP2x ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
this version of Fenix is for GP32, not for GP2x ;)

Heh... still doesn't answer my question though. I just grew a few brain cells and answered my own question though: archive.gp2x.de

Last edited by a moderator:
Back