Barebones Pc Advice

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site
Ok, let me just begin with the fact I know noting about building pcs and the like, but I was drawn to this. As I understand it, would i just need to stick in a hard drive and memory and i have a half-decent PC?

All I'm gonna need it for is for coding, writing essays, checking me emails, burning Dreamcast games and internet. Would this be a good deal?

Cheers for the assistance,

Paul

You're right there, just a HDD and some memory and it'll work.

Of course, I went all-out and made mine from scratch. Keep in mind that this is a 32-bit 2GHz Celeron, so performance will most likely suck, but using it for that stuff is perfectly fine.

nickspoon posted on Sep 10 2006 at 10:33 PM said:
You're right there, just a HDD and some memory and it'll work.

Of course, I went all-out and made mine from scratch. Keep in mind that this is a 32-bit 2GHz Celeron, so performance will most likely suck, but using it for that stuff is perfectly fine.

Give me an example of how it will suck, performance-wise, will it be slow?

Shikaku, there is an example, check link in original post

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought all my parts from Newegg today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I'm to excited for words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!D :D :D :D

That is pure crap.

Dedicated PSU and DVD-ROM, Bad celeron processor, and kind of expensive makes it extremely poor. Don't you have any computer friends that wouldn't mind showing you how to hook up a computer from parts? It's not hard to do at all, if someone set it up in front of you you would be able to do it very easily from then on..

Agreed that this looks like a pretty shitty deal. But what's the complaint about a 'dedicated' PSU? You don't want the sort of PSU that comes with a case unless it's a rarer case and made by say, Antec or Enermax. The rest are almost uniformly garbage.

Back