Basilisk Ii Help

legoboy1234

Still Fresh
Website
legoboy1234.drivehq.com
hi. i recently purchased a gp2x f-100 mk2 off of ebay for $88.75(cheap price!) :p . well, i need help running Basilisk II on it. my pc Basilisk II runs perfectly because i followed the instructions, but there are NO instructions whatsoever for the basilisk gp2x port. i tried putting the system7.hfv file i use for the pc version, and the quadra650.rom in the directory the bsx.gpe file is in, but when i try to start it up, it shows 3 files. 320x240.prefs, NTSC.prefs, and PAL.prefs. i ran each of them once, but once i do that the top of the screen garbles up, it freezes, and i have to reboot. any help? :blink:

um it loads, but it shows a floppy disk with a flashing ? on it. does it need the network access boot disk because i have the .image on my computer that i used for the pc one and it showed that on my computer when i didnt specify the boot disk and hadn't installed the system 7.5.3. how do i specify the boot disk

I don't see anyone on these boards giving someone a proper answer to anyone with the same question you have, but I diddn't really look that hard. First, if you're using OS X follow this tutorial. (Even if you're not running mac, the files included should still work on Windows/Linux and you'd have to use the Basilisk version for that OS). That will give you a disk image with System 7.5.3 (called machd.img)on it and a MAC.ROM. You need to rename the disk image to "disk.hfv" and the rom file to just "rom" place those both in the main directory where all the main files are. Ignore the rom that was included. Then run it in 320x240 and it should work properly. I don't believe this emulator supports multiple disks. Hope this helps :)

Back