B2x Problem

pkostrze

Website
vampireslug.deviantart.com
I tried changing my config file for Basilisk II for the GP2X to allow 320x240 screen size and ever since it's stopped working. I've changed the text file back, I've even re-installed. The ROM and .HFV both work, I've tried them out in Basilisk II for Windows and they're fine. Has anyone seen, or made, a quick tutorial on how to get this to work with 320x240? I had it working fine once but the screen was unreadable and now I get a black screen with basilisk and dumped to the menu with b2x. Can someone post their working prefs file that allows 320x240? Thanks,

I would also like to know how to get B2X to run in 320x240 mode... (I mean the emulated machine to put that res out)

Does no one run Basilisk II for GP2X? I saw a bunch of posts when it came out and it seemed like a lot of people were using it... has anyone had any luck getting the GP2X to Run B2X in 320x240? Anyone? The prefs text file fix made my GP2X go berserk... any one else?

You can do this on a PC version; I've done so. You can put it at ridiculous resolutions below 160x120 .. even an icon-sized resolution. It's just useless like that. Clue me in; the emulated machine is what, a B+W Mac Plus with a 68000 @ 8 MHz? I imagine faster CPUs will be pitifully slow and unusable-- this is a C CPU core after all.

You'd get a lot more speed with the Cyclone 68000 core (ARM9 ASM) and could probably ratchet it up to 12-16 MHz with a decent ARM920T overclock. But shame about the B/W video if that's the case.

Epicenter posted on May 17 2006 at 09:07 PM said:
You can do this on a PC version; I've done so. You can put it at ridiculous resolutions below 160x120 .. even an icon-sized resolution. It's just useless like that. Clue me in; the emulated machine is what, a B+W Mac Plus with a 68000 @ 8 MHz? I imagine faster CPUs will be pitifully slow and unusable-- this is a C CPU core after all.

You'd get a lot more speed with the Cyclone 68000 core (ARM9 ASM) and could probably ratchet it up to 12-16 MHz with a decent ARM920T overclock. But shame about the B/W video if that's the case.

I'm using a ROM from a Quadra 650 which is a 32-bit Mac II... I can jack down the resolution on the PC version of Basilisk to 320x240, which is painful, but the GP2X just doesn't like it. If I do it from the prefs file it won't load at all, if I try it from Control Panels -> Monitors within the emulator it tanks and drops me to the main OS menu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back