Beta Basilisk Ii Pnd - 68K Macintosh Emulator

I can't get it to actually do anything. When I launch it, it plays the startup noise, but doesn't actually display anything. It just plays the sound and doesn't do anything.

I've tried it using both a rom/hfv file that I confirmed working in Basilisk II in Windows, and with the rom/hfv file contained in the BasiliskII-app.zip archive.

Has anybody else had this issue? Any clues on how to get it working?

Thanks

I got it working!
for some reason, I had to add the line "rom rom" to the cfg file. There was no line pointing to the rom in the existing cfg file, even if I deleted it and let the pnd regenerate it. I've no idea why.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of examining the rom

LINK to BasiliskII-source.zip (1.8MB)

To get full screen video working properly:

Change line 719 in the src/SDL/video_sdl.cpp file

from

if ((s = SDL_SetVideoMode(width, height, depth, SDL_HWSURFACE)) == NULL)

to

if ((s = SDL_SetVideoMode(width, height, depth, SDL_HWSURFACE|SDL_FULLSCREEN)) == NULL)

---
Thanks for the interest!

Well after a while I have managed to get Basilisk 2 working :/

I have set the colours to 256 and the resolution to 640 * 480 and it seems to work a lot better :D

It's been a mini adventure, but I've now got system 7.6.1 set up, complete with networking support. Viewing modern websites in the quaint old iCab is an... interesting... experience.

Now installing Speech.

Crikey does it ever take forever to install/extract things whilst running Mac OS on the Pandora. I find it extremely useful to have a desktop Basilisk II running to do all the setup and test things before deploying them to the Pandy. I don't think it's a good idea for me to link it, but I used a Word Perfect compatibility package to get me started.

The phrase "wpdos basilisk" should get most folks off to a good start. The image is *packed* to the brim with useful stuff, and the system 7.6 and 7.6.1 updates installed over the top with no fuss. *cough* os76usa.zip *cough*

Hopefully I haven't stepped on any toes with these, ahem, hints. But I'd like to see more uptake of classic Mac usage on the Pandora... it's an awesome sight, having played with Basilisk very extensively around 10 years ago on the desktop.

I might eventually get 'round to playing some games.

This emulator is great.
If you have any good apps or games that you recommend please post them.

Back