Batch Tool For Encoding Gp32 Videos

Hi, I was wondering if there was some sort of tool or script to batch-encode movie files for your GP32... I'm asking that because I like watching different episodes of SouthPark or The Simpsons on my GP32 but encode them with 2 passes one by one is getting long... Maybe there's a tool up there which can do what I want. Thanks!

Yeah I know but it's really long I just want something you drop your original video files in and it convert them one by one with all the settings pre entered.

Just do an encode with virtualdub, then open another video, all settings should still be in there, minus video compression I think.

psyko_chewbacca posted on Aug 25 2005 at 12:42 AM said:
Hi, I was wondering if there was some sort of tool or script to batch-encode movie files for your GP32... I'm asking that because I like watching different episodes of SouthPark or The Simpsons on my GP32 but encode them with 2 passes one by one is getting long... Maybe there's a tool up there which can do what I want. Thanks!

I once wrote a friendly front-end for the Archos encoder, which is in itself a friendly front-end for VirtualDub.

The Archos encoder is available here...
http://www.archos.com/download/list_softwa...4translator.png

If you want my front-end that allows you do easy batch processing of the Archos front-end and aslo do multi-pass encoding, then I could dig that out for you. Basically it captured the request from the Archos program to "Encode Now" and batched them up until you were ready, making it possible to encode many episodes of say Red Dwarf. Also it added the option of doing multi-pass encoding which dramatically improves the video quality for the same file size.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well thanks but it only does work for Divx for what I see... I only use Xvid as I want to keep DIvx6 to read my Divx encoded in version 6. Thanks anyway...

I have all the South Park seasons encoded for GP32 and then copy them across from my MP3 player when I need to (its about 2GB). I used EOVideo I had to leave my machine running for three days to convert from Real Video to GP32 - friendly Divx. Its pretty cool now since I'm on the road and can check into a internet cafe and copy the episodes I want before a flight etc..

Back