Battery/Charging detector acting up

zagabar

Still Fresh
Hello!

All of a sudden, the detection mechanics regarding the battery started to misbehave without apparent reason.

I noticed it when trying to charge it with the mini usb port. This worked before. It didn't seem to detect being charged, as no LED indicated it and it still said that it was using the battery in the indicator at the taskbar. Since i didn't have my charger i just thought "oh, dang, I'll let it run out while listening to music" and i kept the usb cable in. When reaching 0% after warning me about imminent shutdown, it just kept playing music and stayed on 0% for hours, so i figured the charging worked secretly. In the pandora systeminfo application, the battery indicator sank down below 0% and after a working day i had -17% battery. neither rebooting or even taking the battery out and seat it back in seemed to solve this.

Off i went home, and plugged in the wall socket. At first it didn't detect anything either. But after a few tries and a reboot it did, and the LED was glowing, indicating charge, and after a while it reached 100%. Yay,i thought, perhaps the problem was fixed! And i happily took the pandora to work. This day however, it has been stuck on 100% when listening to music on it for all day. and it keeps saying 19h left. 

So something seems to be wonky with the battery detection and reading. Has anyone experienced something similar or might know what could be the cause and a possible fix? :)

Cheers

Hmm, I've had sysinfo report negative battery levels before, but the taskbar level stayed positive from memory.  I've also had the taskbar indicator stay at 100% for a long time after charging.

If you've not tried yet, it's definitely worth shutting down and reseating the battery, after carefully opening the battery compartment.

Hi all,

I have a similar problem here. I upgradet to SuperZaxxon 1.53 2 days ago (via "Upgrade Pandora OS") and everything was peachy (I love the new improved Standby!). When I wanted to charge my Box via USB today and had plugged it into the USB-Port of my Desktop PC (that's how i charged my box for 1,5 years now!), the Pandora turned on, but no red indicator light went on and no charge was displayed in the taskbar. I tried several Cables and USBCharging devices, to no avail. System Info shows no charge, either.

Charging via Main In works - but with there's no indicator light either...well, most of the time. This afternoon, after about 2 hours at the wall socket, all of a sudden i noticed the red charging indicator glowing. Yay! Nope...charging had stopped. :huh:

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" i thought, did just that and it is happily charging since. But that IS some really erratic behaviour there, isn't it?

tl;dr: After the recent upggrade, charging via USB doesn't work anymore & the red charging indicator does strange things.

Greets from Germany,

ElGecko

Edit: I forgot to mention that it's a first batch unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here. Since I've upgraded to SuperZaxxon 1.53, I can't charge via USB anymore. Charging via main in does work, but the charging LED is acting up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry to hear that, but glad that I'm not alone! ^_^

Just checked: Indicator light was on, charging had stopped (for no reason), I removed the plug, put it back in and Behold! It's now charging with the indicator light on! Strange, really.

Noz vat to Vienna!

OT: I'm afraid not...it was enough to call our dog ar'hi, though!

And back to the topic: I don't know why, but my box has now been charging without problems for about half an hour.

Via USB.

With working bat indicator light.

Strange, indeed!

Solar flares? Did it have to sleep a night over the decision whether to accept the charge or not? :huh:

No updates since, no "shut down, remove bat, turn back on" either.

Anyone else with a miraculous repair story?

Thanks for the answers. 

The other day though, it suddenly started working normally with the wall plluggable charger. Haven't tried with the USB method yet.

Weird issue this seems to be. xD

Back