Battery go 37% in one night

Stefanova

Still Fresh
Hi All,

I have this kind of problem with my new Pandora (and new also battery).

I charge 100%, i put the Pandora in Low Power mode and after one night the battery is 37%

It is possible??

Yesterday I remove the battery for 10 minutes because the Pandora set the battery level wrongly....

What can i Do??

Thanks

You have to shut it down when you're not using it. Click Logout and then select shut down from the menu. If you flick the switch to the right and put it in sleep mode it's actually still on.

Ok but it is possible in only one night from 100% to 37%?!?

I read the unofficial manual in the wiki and it seems the normal use should be the low power mode.

The battery is 10 hours of capability right??

Otherwise it is a little bit no sense the low power mode... IMHO

there's still work to be done in energy saving. Low power mode is not optimal yet.

If you slept for like, eight hours, there's enough time to drain the battery.

But every 8 hours I must to leave the battery??

Sorry but my English is terrible ...

No, going from 100% to 37% is not in any way normal!

Going from 100% to 75% would be normal. The low power mode may not be perfect yet, but you should still get 30 hours of downtime out of it, not 12.

The amount of battery it lost is what I would expect if you had been using it for those 8 hours. Is there a chance that the LCD screen was on when you opened it? Some people have had interesting problems with the screen coming on or it actually coming out of low power mode randomly without intervention.

Just as a precaution, we make sure the system is fully reset: shut it down, remove the battery, and wait 5 or 10 minutes for capacitors to drain before putting the battery back. Charge it again and see if you lose that much power again overnight. Like I said, you should not lose 60% of the battery in 8 hours, you should lose at most half of that, 25-30%.

What about if peripherals are left plugged in, would they still drain in low power mode?

Going from 100% to 75% would be normal. The low power mode may not be perfect yet, but you should still get 30 hours of downtime out of it, not 12.

The amount of battery it lost is what I would expect if you had been using it for those 8 hours. Is there a chance that the LCD screen was on when you opened it? Some people have had interesting problems with the screen coming on or it actually coming out of low power mode randomly without intervention.

Just as a precaution, we make sure the system is fully reset: shut it down, remove the battery, and wait 5 or 10 minutes for capacitors to drain before putting the battery back. Charge it again and see if you lose that much power again overnight. Like I said, you should not lose 60% of the battery in 8 hours, you should lose at most half of that, 25-30%.

No the LCD screen was off.

I try to leave and recharge....

Tomorrow you will have my notice ;)

Thank you veru mutch

I tried but the battery go down very quickly... ;(

No the LCD screen was off.

I try to leave and recharge....

Tomorrow you will have my notice ;)

Thank you veru mutch

Back