Battery Time

I emailed the only swedish site that sell ansmann batteries. They only have ansmann digital 2600 but they claimed they were photo batteries. Digital as in "digital photo". I'm going to see if I can get an answer from ansmann themselves regarding the diffrence between digital and photo.

Ansmann batteries in the US

www.thomas-distributing.com/ansmann_batteries.php

If you click on the 2500 4pk of batteries it says they are 2500 photo batteries...but 26 USD total with shipping for two batteries?

I think I'll wait and test out my energizers first...

NVM: it's 26 for 8 of em...that's 2 four packs...not two batteries, lol...now i might actually get some...

I am struggling to find a UK store with the charger and the 2500 Photo batteries both at a good price - any suggestions.... Also, would the 2400 Photo batteries be better than the 2600 digital ones? I never knew choosing batteries was so tough!

Also, would the 2400 Photo batteries be better than the 2600 digital ones? I never knew choosing batteries was so tough!

I really don't belive so. I've been doing much reading about NiMH batteries in the last few days.

Rechargeable NiMHs hold their voltage longer then regular alkaline. An alkaline that is rated at 1.5v will drop voltage much faster then a 1.2v NiMH. Less then 20% of the life of alkalines is spent over 1.2v. That's why people have only been getting 30 minutes to a hour in the 2X with alkalines. The voltage drops farther then the 2X requires and it quite readily shuts down from the lack of power.

So even if the NiMH has a lower voltage rating of 1.2v, it will supply better voltage through the life of the drain cycle. Seeing that the 2X needs as much voltage as possible, this is preferable. mAh stands for milliampere hour. Generally, the higher the number the longer it's going to last in your electronics.

So far, I've not seen anything that suggests that the technology in one NiMH is better suited for cameras and high drain devices then another. All NiMHs hold their voltage better then alkalines.

As far as the debate over the Ansmann Photo 2500mAh vs Digital 2600mAh, even Ansmann's home page clearly calls the digital 2600mAh NiMH's "photo" in the blue line above the part numbers.

This is all just based on what I've seen searching the web. I'm not an electronic wizard, so take all this with a grain of salt.
Maybe there is a google guru or someone in the know that can clear this all up once and for all.

As for myself I'm comfortable enough with the information I've gathered that I've got some digital 2600s on the way. I will certainly let you guys know what kind of performance to expect with them once I'm up and running.

Warmest Regards,

CoinOp

Last edited by a moderator:
My Uniross 2500s last me for about 4 hours, by which time the other pair are charged and ready to go, at least that way i have a reason to take a break every 4 hours

adgloride, those are old stats from GamePark. They were made using magic juju-powered Korean batteries with a power rating of 280mAh, which nobody else on these boards has ever seen. Which is a pity.

So are Digital just renamed PHoto batteries?
I couldn't find any Ansmann Photo batteries anywhere, only 2600 Digital so I mailed Ansmann. In their reply they say that the Photo, Digital and the regular 2600 (2600 without any other specifications) are identical just labeled differently for marketing purposes.

Back