Bbc Emulation

merzbow

Still Fresh
i was just wondering if there are any BBC emulators in existance, or indeed being worked on for GP32. I'm dying to play Repton!!!

oh i just realised there's a spectrum version of Repton. never mind!

although that said, there are still a ton of other classic games on the BBC that there aren't other versions of.

A few prototype/unfinished emulators have been written, but none have been released. Somebody (fDave I think) has one that will run Repton 3 with sound but he doesn't seem to be around anymore...

Do a forum search for 'BBC' and 'Repton'...

I'd love to see a bbc emulator for the gp32. My family used to have a model b when I was a kid. In fact, only recently I fired up a beeb emulator on my PC and played certain games I remembered for quite a few hours.

Yes, I'm on record as supporting BBC on the GP32, I hope one of the projects gets released or polished up soon, especially with the coming fDay, we'll be pretty well catered for in all the other main camps.

®

Nope, I no longer have a (usable) gp32.

No plans to buy another, so I just do stuff for Zodiac, NDS and PSP now.

I believe I am on record supporting a BBC emu project. I wish somebody would put sound and saves on the Elite port too. I haven't got a clue about these things but am assured its not difficult. Handheld Elite come on guys. For the Beeb I would love to play Wizador and Castle Ravenskull (very early top down adventure) and acouple of others I can't remember or dig out from the recesses of my mind. Future Shock was good. Bit surreal though.......

Bring it on I would love to see it.

Nice try Gruntfuggly!

There's not much I can do about getting a BBC emulator off the ground as I'm a graphic designer not a coder, but I hereby officially volunteer to do the graphics if that makes the project any easier for a willing coder out there. Probably not, but that's all I can do really, I'd love to see it happen.

Oh, and I would be prepared to donate towards it, I'm sure a lot of other people wqould too...

®

Maybe somebody could convince fDave to let someone else finish off his emulator?

I'd just like to be able to Freefall on my GP32... acutally thats a lie - theres loads of stuff I'd like to be able to play again...

As for Elite - have you tried the NES version? It's very good and because it was designed for a console the controls translate to the GP32 nicely...

Of course had forgotten about that. It is quite good isn't it. Takes a while to get used to the controls. Think it is one of the best versions visually as well...

Although the NES version is good. I must admit you can't beat the original BBC key configuration, and the slowdown when you got caught in witchspace with three thargoids and attendant thargons surrounding you... ah fond memories...

Back