Beat2x Pack - Ddr Mix 5

PSyMastR

\m/O__O\m/
Website
Visit site
PSyMastR's Dance Dance Revolution 5th Mix

beat2x-1.png

Well, here is my second pack for miq01's amazing game Beat2x. This pack is a compliation of songs from DDR's 5th Mix. Once again, I too the original steps from DDR and completely tweaked the songs so they are in fact beatable buy button pressings (Currently my GP2x is lost, so I can only test it on a keyboard, so tell me if something is imposible or glitchy). I converted most of the songs to 128kb/sec ogg, and some to 96kb/sec to save room. I really like this mix, and hope you will too.

Song List (Stepmania Difficulty):

Hot Limit (3)
Ecstasy (4)
Insertion (4)
Electro Tuned (5)
God of Romance (5)
Healing Vision (6)
Moonlight Shadow (5)
My Generation (6)
Tribal Dance (6)
Never Ending Story (7)

URL To File:

http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,57,1397

Note to miq01 (This is not my 10 song pack, it just contains 10 songs, Im still working on that one, its gunna be good).

Hey, PSyMastR, thanks for this new pack. But songs are absolutely impossible to play because of the amount of arrows per second. I've checked Hot Limit.bxe and I've seen that there is more than one set of steps there, so I'm sure that's the problem.

In fact, now I see that all of the BXE files look exactly the same! :)

miq01 posted on Mar 19 2006 at 03:55 PM said:
Hey, PSyMastR, thanks for this new pack. But songs are absolutely impossible to play because of the amount of arrows per second. I've checked Hot Limit.bxe and I've seen that there is more than one set of steps there, so I'm sure that's the problem.

In fact, now I see that all of the BXE files look exactly the same! :)
o_O!
Ill look into re-converting them. I dont know what went wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I fixed it. The converter, when kept open, and using multiple dwi files, doesn't clear the thing, so I guess it just tacked on the previous songs beats as well. I closed and opened the converter between songs now, and already re-uploaded it to my server, so the file is updated, just re-download.

PSyMastR posted on Mar 19 2006 at 11:15 PM said:
Ok, I fixed it. The converter, when kept open, and using multiple dwi files, doesn't clear the thing, so I guess it just tacked on the previous songs beats as well. I closed and opened the converter between songs now, and already re-uploaded it to my server, so the file is updated, just re-download.

Yep - we found that out in the "Beat2x Pack Probs"-Thread :)
Will be fixed from furrtek in next release of the converter :)

Last edited:
Gaaah... the God Of Romance kicked my ass... (13936 points)

EDIT: NOoooo.... The power cable fell out of my GP2X making me (obviously) fail Moonlight shadow... did I mention I'm enjoying this pack? :)

iignotus posted on Mar 20 2006 at 01:03 AM said:
And, everytime I play Beat, miq, I love it more and more. Fantastic work :)
Nice to hear! :D

Has anyone noticed that while playing this pack there are more hiccups than before? I wonder if this is related to how OGGs are encoded. I'm converting them into 96kbps/CBR (what I'm using for my packs) to check if this is the cause of the hiccups. I'll tell you later.

Edit: Yep, works better for me with 96kbps/CBR.

Btw, level 5 is REALLY HARD! But I'll beat it for sure! :) Psymastr, your pack is really addictive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a little tip, for the quality of the speakers on the GP2X (which are good but not amazing), if you're encoding from the source (.wav/the actual CD/flac/etc.) then 64kbps is okay. Otherwise, use 96kbps.

Ya. I encoded some to 128kb/sec. Ill re-encode to 96 and upload it if you want.

Im glad you guys are enjoying my packs. If only I could play them without stepmania :(

EDIT: I updated the pack, just redownload it for all 96kb/sec music. Less hickups.

Back