Beta Bejeweled

sebt3

homebrew player (P. & C.)
Website
sebt3.openpandora.org
Hi everyone,

Here is a quick hack on top of this : http://sourceforge.net/projects/bejeweled/.

It's a bejeweled-clone written by a french guy. I've ported it rougthly to pandora (changed the gems size, removed the options, move every buttons, force fullscreen). But it's already enjoyable :p

Here is the PND. It does also contain the source.

This game is looking for a new maintainer, feel free to PM me about it. The code is clean.

Everything else aside, he's obviously in need of a new brain; people in CompSci have to be very ethically and legally consious and anyone cloaning a game and using its exact name needs a beeting in the brain :) (Clobing Bejewelled is no biggy, since Bejewelled is itself a clone of a clone of a clone; but using the same name? Now _that_ is crossing the line :)

jeff

Hi,

Thanks sebt3 for porting this game to the Pandora !

I have two little questions:

- are other langages available ?

- there is no sound: is it a feature or a bug ?

and +1 for rejeweled :)

Bye and thanks again !

Magic Sam

Magic Sam said:
Hi,

Thanks sebt3 for porting this game to the Pandora !

I have two little questions:

- are other langages available ?

- there is no sound: is it a feature or a bug ?

and +1 for rejeweled :)

Bye and thanks again !

Magic Sam

This game while cool, still have some bugs that need ironing, and a few features are missing (sound is one of them).
I've just made the changes needed to make this "playable", not a good finished game.

I'm looking for a new maintainer for this game (as for 99% of my other PNDs), as I don't realy want to spend much time on it : I've still so many other PNDs in my mind. But as I love the original (have bought 2 licenses of it (palm/PC) so far), and as I don't expect them to port their code to pandora soon, I though it could be cool to have.

Consider this more as a post for the "Cool Ideas and other wishes [Pandora]" section than here. But as I could do it this way, I thoughit would increase the number of persons willing to work on it :) (and luckily drive it above 0 :p

EDIT: and so I won't rename this, next maintainer will :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll give a go at fixing this up some. A few bugs seem quite odd (sometimes gems don't properly disappear), and I'm not sure I'll be able to track those down, but I'm sure I can improve some of it. At the least I can make a version less... French. :)

dsleaf67 said:
How about the obvious ... Panjewled!

Edit: Sorry just noticed the date! Sorry to bump an old thread

Eh, it's a good reminder that I should work on this more. Thanksgiving and December holidays were crazy, and while I still have a ton of things to do, I should at least give a few more pokes at the Rejeweled clone first. I did a quick change of the gems and found a fairly egregious bug where the gems explode but don't always disappear fully.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back