Best Batteries??

NeOCidE

Still Fresh
What batteries do you guys recommend for the GP2X?

I'd like to get some ready for next week.

I use Energizer rechargeables, NiHM 2500mAH

In my GP32, they last ~6-8 hours/pair.

It stands for milli amp hours. Which is how many hours they can supply one milli amp for. An amp is the unit of power (voltage * current) and milli amp meens one thousanth of an amp. So yes the bigger the number the longer the battery will last.

It stands for milli amp hours. Which is how many hours they can supply one milli amp for. An amp is the unit of power (voltage * current) and milli amp meens one thousanth of an amp. So yes the bigger the number the longer the battery will last.
And here I was thinking Watts was the SI unit of power, amps is the unit for current.
1000mAH at 1.5volts (same as AA cells) is 1.5WH, that at a power use of 1.5 watts would give you a hour of battery life.

Last edited by a moderator:

No, an amp is a unit of current. WATT is the product of amp * voltage.

I got those 2500Mah batteries at Sam's Club in the States. They were $20 for a pack of 8 with a charger. 16 more for another $25. My brother just ran a GBA with the flip light for about 8-10 hours on 2 of them. They are good.

Edit: grammar

I have eight 1600mah RadioShack brand that i picked up years ago, when nickel metal hydride rechargables first became popular. These are weak by todays standards, but still last way longer than alkalines.
I've saved so much money on batteries since i bought these. Maybe i'll pick up a set of the 2500mah depending on how long my 1600mah last.

i have digital innovations 2200mah batteries, dunno how good they will last tho

I have some 1.2V 1600mAh Panasonic Rechargeable Ni-MH batteries, I am doubting that they will last enough... I'll see when my gp2x arrives next week, hopefully.

I have some 1.2V 1600mAh Panasonic Rechargeable Ni-MH batteries, I am doubting that they will last enough... I'll see when my gp2x arrives next week, hopefully.

All rechargable AA AAA C and D use 1.2 volts, but the voltage goes up to about 1.6 volts when fully charged. Nicad batteries are capable of suppling higher amounts of current but generally don't last as long between charges as nimh batteries, NIMH batteries hold their change when not being used better than nicad as well. Most new nicad batteries do not suffer from memory problems.

You will need the absolute BEST batteries for the GP2X to get good times, don't mess about there are 2 200mhz cpus + a backlit screen to power ;)

Although dropping the cpu speed will return better power obviously.

You will need the absolute BEST batteries for the GP2X to get good times, don't mess about there are 2 200mhz cpus + a backlit screen to power ;)

I will shall never give up my CPU speed!

I will shall never give up my CPU speed!
Thats what I said when I bought my Laptop running at 3.06 Ghz way back when (Like 3 years ago). Battery life = 30 min. Not so laptop-y, lol.

Does someone have Hama batteries ? I have 2100 mAh energizer batterie, do you think i should buy those 2500 mAh Hama batteries ? (same quality as energizer ?)

I'm back from the store where i paid 22 euros for energiser 2500's, am i the only one to find it fu**ing expensive ?

well, top of the line is allways premium price, i payd about the same for my 2500mah "gp" brand ones, they are named to be pretty good.

Cheekily GPH used 2850mah batteries for their gp2x battery life figures.

I've never seen anything above 2500mah in a store.

Back