Best Emulator Opinnions

ifrit05

Still Fresh
Hi, I just got my gp2x and ITS AWESOME!! Way better than PSP. Ok, anyway, in everyones opinnion, what are the best emulators? like, best NES, best SNES, PSX, GB, etc. Thanks!

ifrit05 said:
Hi, I just got my gp2x and ITS AWESOME!! Way better than PSP. Ok, anyway, in everyones opinnion, what are the best emulators? like, best NES, best SNES, PSX, GB, etc. Thanks!
Hello, there are already lots of topics on this, just have a search in the forum. My personal favourites are:

Picodrive: megadrive/megacd
gpfce: nes
gnuboy: gameboy

Never tried the psx emu but I don't believe its particularly playable for most games.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeh my faves are

drmd - easy to use, never had problems
gpfce - easy + flawless

rest have small/large faults with them.. but these 2 are ez to set up and work great

Hey, and welcome! Here's some of the emulators I use:

CPS2-Emu - CPS-2 arcade
DrMD - Genesis/SMS/GZG
DrPocketSNES - SNES
GNGeo - NeoGeo
OutcaST - Atari ST
Picodrive - Genesis
Stella - Atari 2600
Vice2x - C64

Also, don't be shy to try some native GP2X games, there are some real gems out there :)

freddykreuger666 said:
yeh my faves are

drmd - easy to use, never had problems
gpfce - easy + flawless

rest have small/large faults with them.. but these 2 are ez to set up and work great
Um, no. This statement is completely baseless ... <_<

Whatever 'small/large' faults this person has is probably user-related. Likely, he didn't read (or comprehend) the included readme files.

hm k.. ill run u through em (im not expecting perf emu's, but i just didnt include them in list cos them 2 are faves)

neogeo - not fullspeed w/sound in metal slug, menu is too annoying, too many options and things

gnuboy - random crashes in menu + annoying menu, painfully slow scrolling info at bottom that causes ya to overwrite saves and stuff

snes - crashes in menu, transparencies etc..

this is why i didnt include them in my list, i still love coders for giving me em, and still use em all the time

freddykreuger666 said:
neogeo - not fullspeed w/sound in metal slug, menu is too annoying, too many options and things

gnuboy - random crashes in menu + annoying menu, painfully slow scrolling info at bottom that causes ya to overwrite saves and stuff

snes - crashes in menu, transparencies etc..
Metal Slug is for me. Gnuboy2x has never crashed for me, neither has either of the SNES emulators.

UAE4all - After i found out how to set it up. I was able to play some of my favorite games.

CPS2 EMU - Runs great with OC and i use it with the front end

GNGeo - Runs great with OC (I'm not using the duo core version). And i use it with the front end

GPFCE - punch out and RC Pro AM are some of the best games i´ve played.

Piccodrive - very good. I just need to find out if I'm doing something wrong since some of the sounds are missing in Lethal enforcer.

Frodo - Bruce Lee and international karate runs great

gpsp2x: gba emu. leave autofrtameskip on, and all the games run fine
picodrive: genesis emu. I dont use DrMDX becuase its too hard to set up

The Best / So Far, almost all games work great.

Gngeo / one of the best systems for 2d games period.
Picodrive / sega cd is a miracle (some issues but come on, this is sega cd, noone thought this was possible)
Squigesnes / only games with issues are super fx like yoshi island and mario kart (use gpsp instead)
capex / cps2 goodness (the best beat-em ups) only wish I had a dpad mod.
gpsp / the newest kid on the block (playing brilliantly) advance wars 2 is better than crack.

Thanks to everyone who has put lots of effort into them, forget psp, or ds, this is real next generation gaming.

I was thinking, some of the emulators require roms to be in certain directories.. is it okay to just make a symlink to point to your own chosen directory?
~Fox

Blah said:
Symlinks don't work in a FAT32 system. Nice idea though.
I was under the impression that I could format the sd with ext2/3 or any other linux system.. I use Debian on my main computer anyway, wouldnt be a problem :)

Blah said:
SquidgeSNES is faster than Dr PocketSNES, but less accurate.
I find it much faster, and now both support transparencies. Hopefully SSNES 0.4 is still in production :p

mdinire said:
I find it much faster, and now both support transparencies. Hopefully SSNES 0.4 is still in production :p
You think? :huh:

Squidge said:
mdinire said:

I don't.
Erm, I mean-- Of course it is! :lol:

Just kidding... Nice work on your past releases, it would be nice to see v.4 pop up in the near future. (Or, maybe DrPocketSNES v7...)

Squidge said:
mdinire said:

A new release of SquidgeSNES > A new release of PocketSNES

But yeah I feel like I'm in the minority BTW thanks for everything you've done! If I get a summer job soon I'm going to feel guilty if I don't donate :)

Back