sukhi-2006

I just wanted to know what's he best pc emulators from the following list:

1)super nintendo
2)nintendo 64
3)sony playstation
4)megadrive 32x
5)neo geo mvs
6)cps1,cps2,cps3

I prefer Kega for MegaDrive emulation, it also supports Master System, Game Gear, Mega-CD and 32X. Seems to have better compatibilty with most MegaDrive games too, namely Chaos Engine and Truxton (which had a few problems with Gens).

Check out Gens32 for Genesis. That's what I use, it's got a LOT of cool features that I haven't seen elsewhere.

The winkawaks emulator isn't very good for neo geo games, it only recognizes 3 games,does anyone has the same problem.

Are we talking like Neo Geo arcade? Because I just used MAME for that when I was still into it.

Yes i'm talking about neo geo arcade, the problem with mame emulators is it's not compatible with control pads so it's useless for me.

winkawaks is excellent emulator which is compatible with pads it's not recognizing roms only three showed up.

sukhigp said:
Yes i'm talking about neo geo arcade, the problem with mame emulators is it's not compatible with control pads so it's useless for me.

winkawaks is excellent emulator which is compatible with pads it's not recognizing roms only three showed up.
I have used a generic USB pad and a Saitek P3200 pad with PC MAME no problems. You may just need to play around with the settings a bit more.

Last edited by a moderator:
TwoHeadedBoy said:
Yeah, you just go into the default game settings options and choose "USB joystick". Simple.
Thanks, I don't have MAME currently installed on my PC so I could not check out where the option was- I have most of my stuff on external HD's which i reinstall when I want to do stuff!

I need some help on dreamcast emulator called chankast, i've installed the emulator into my pc and have few dc games when i select a rom it keeps on saying please select a drive, the problem with dc it was using GD rom drive.

Not sure about your problem with chanka i might stick it on again and see but the best emulator for any arcade stuff and probbaly one of the best emulators on the pc is MAME. Works with any pad or joystick really and its much better and easier to use than kawaks.

EDIT: Oh and hello :D ive not been here in a while !

Cabbages i've seen your videos on youtube they are kinda cool.

The mame emulator doesn't play in full speed and it has choppy sound, most majority of games don't work with control pads, the only game which works with control pad was art of fighting, is there a mame which can play in full speed with sound and is compatible with control pads.

Yup any mame i have played runs games full speed and is compatible with any pads or joysticks i have tryed. Some of the newer games like the tekken games and ther beatmania games might not run too well unless you have a really really good pc.

I've tried running mame emulator on my pc it runs really slow, what kind of spec do you need to run this emulator at full speed.

Running it fullspeed on my Xbox right now. How ironic...

I know it's really good on gp2x but gp2x can't play much games like the pc.

Having intel core 2 duo processor and with 512mb ram graphics card can mame emulator run full speed with these 2 things.

sukhigp said:
I know it's really good on gp2x but gp2x can't play much games like the pc.

Having intel core 2 duo processor and with 512mb ram graphics card can mame emulator run full speed with these 2 things.
Yes, MAME should run full speed with your new PC. You will also have full speed PS1, N64 etc emulation.

Back