Best Firmware For F100?

mick_aka said:
Oppinion seems to vary on this, my GP2X is still running 2.0, what is in your oppinion the best firmware for the F100?

It's Open2X, silly. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I think FW2.1.2 with notaz's SDHC patch is excellent. If you are interested in developing I think this is the better choice.

I tried Open2X DR7 and (from a developer's point of view) I just found too many little things missing. Sorry Senior Quack.

If you are not developing, I would go with Open2X, no hesitation.

slaanesh said:
Actually I think FW2.1.2 with notaz's SDHC patch is excellent. If you are interested in developing I think this is the better choice.

I tried Open2X DR7 and (from a developer's point of view) I just found too many little things missing. Sorry Senior Quack.

If you are not developing, I would go with Open2X, no hesitation.

There's more than one thing missing? As far as I was aware all it lacks is SD access over USB. I do a lot of GP2X development so if there was something lacking for devs I would have been sure to add it.

Sorry I should elaborate, while I am looking from Dev point of view I am also interested in any battery life improvements.

I have 2 F100 consoles, one of which will no doubt remain permenantly in my cradle, where as the other will be hauled around for portable gaming purposes, so battery life is very important...

mick_aka said:
Sorry I should elaborate, while I am looking from Dev point of view I am also interested in any battery life improvements.

I have 2 F100 consoles, one of which will no doubt remain permenantly in my cradle, where as the other will be hauled around for portable gaming purposes, so battery life is very important...
why not just try a couple. I just upgraded to version 4 from version 2 and I'm considering trying out the open one after a spell.

Back