Best Hid Remote?

bomberman

I tested my cradle setup on my bigscreen and the multimedia stuff works great. I even bummed my Windoze Media Center (generic) remote and could maneuver around. Has anyone got a suggestion to what may be the best remote to use with the GP2X? I guess I could make an overlay for mine but not all buttons are there. Having to walk back to the cradle and pressing a key sucks after a while.

Since no one is replying I take it that there is not one other person using a multimedia remote with their GP2X? I guess I'll shop around and post my results in case anyone else is interested.

You can use a remote control on the gp2x to control videos,mp3,music,photos that's really cool does anyone how to do it.

dj jack said:
How did you use a remote with the :gp2x?
I have a remote that came with my Twinhan 3250 HD tuner for my PC. For kicks I plugged in the usb/IR dongle into the cradle and wouldn't you know it, it lit up. So I started the GP test mode and all but 2 buttons work (VOL+/Y). Now I would just like to find a base MCE remote that can get all the buttons to go. A programmable one would probably help. Maybe a big one I can make an overlay for. I'm not sure how it will pan out but it works to control all the movement and selection. Doesn't seem to work for multiple keys. Can't use L/R or SELECT/START combos. I'm still trying to see what will work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back