Best Option For Snes / Gba Emu?

rabbit

Still Fresh
hi there, sorry if this is commonly asked or i'm a moron but i'm really new to all this kinda thing so it is what it is.

i've been looking into getting a decent portable handheld emulator type deal - mostly i'd want to play GBA games and SNES + NES games, maybe the occasional sega megadrive game or whatever. i've been looking at the JXD S601 but i've heard that while its GBA emulation is 100%, it's not so great with SNES. are there any that are really good generally? also, i've heard that a lot of the time it's the emulator itself to blame rather than the hardware - can you get a perfect SNES emulator say on the S601, or how does it all work? i know ZNES used to do me well on computer but i'm guessing it's not quite that simple with handhelds.

thanks for your help,

f

rabbit said:
hi there, sorry if this is commonly asked or i'm a moron but i'm really new to all this kinda thing so it is what it is.

i've been looking into getting a decent portable handheld emulator type deal - mostly i'd want to play GBA games and SNES + NES games, maybe the occasional sega megadrive game or whatever. i've been looking at the JXD S601 but i've heard that while its GBA emulation is 100%, it's not so great with SNES. are there any that are really good generally? also, i've heard that a lot of the time it's the emulator itself to blame rather than the hardware - can you get a perfect SNES emulator say on the S601, or how does it all work? i know ZNES used to do me well on computer but i'm guessing it's not quite that simple with handhelds.

thanks for your help,

f

I only got my Caanoo about a month ago, but I totally love it. The Megadrive/Mega CD emulator is excellent (haven't tried 32X games yet). The NES emulator seems to play pretty much as I remember the games playing, although it has been a while since I dug out my NES. The SNES emulator is very good, occasionally you might notice things running a little slower but things like Marioworld are spot-on. Can't tell you much about GBA games, but the Gameboy emulator is great. Downloading emulators and getting them onto the Caanoo is pretty easy (I've got all mine off one website) and downloading games is fairly straightforward, so long as you scan files you're generally going to be okay (although I have had a couple of problems). You usually have to mess with settings to get games to run perfectly, but it's not as bad as it sounds (sometimes it's more fun than playing the games themselves!).

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got a Caanoo a few weeks ago and love it as well. Happy to report that every GBA game I've tried so far works perfectly. MAME works perfectly as well as long as you're using the proper roms.

Back